Chapter 20

TW fighting, emotional abuse, violence, subtle suicide reference,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy

I rolled off my bed with a groan. It was pouring rain, and I didn't want to go to school.

Maybe I wouldn't go to school.

I heard the door click downstairs and heavy footsteps walking towards the kitchen.

"THOMAS! Why isn't there any f*cking food!"

I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Maybe because you're too f*cking lazy to get food!" I shouted at my door as I pulled on a long-sleeve and a sweater that would hopefully keep me warm.

"Don't you talk to me like that!"

"I can talk to you however I want!" I shouted as I walked down the stairs.

"No, you can't, I am your mother."

I shrugged, "And? I can talk to you however you want. Why can't I talk to you like this?"

"Because you are being rude."

I put my hand on my chest and faked a sad look. "Oh, I'm sorry, maybe it's because you have never done anything to gain my respect."

She sputtered for a moment. "Excuse me? I raised you, I am the reason you are here today."

I scoffed, "Yeah, yeah, Techno raised me more than you and the man I call father ever have."

I picked up a piece of stale bread from the cabinet and started out the door.

"Techno has been gone since you were six."

"Oh, you actually cared at some point? I truly thought you never had a heart." I sighed dramatically, "I guess your heart died when Techno went missing."

I felt a cold slap across the face, and the next moment, I was on the ground.

"You wonder why your father and I aren't around because you are an awful child. You won't go to college like your brother or the army like your other brother. You'll probably end up on the streets as a criminal."

"Well, maybe if your heart didn't die, you wouldn't be like this!" I shouted.

"Get out! I don't want to see your face!"

"The feeling is neutral." I muttered as I shoved my hands in my pockets and walked out.

It was miserably cold out.

Truthfully, the only reason I'm here today is because of Wilbur.

If it wasn't for Wilbur, I would've died a long time ago.

I owe him my life, and he will never know.

I arrived on school grounds, and low and behold, Philza was standing out in the rain with an umbrella.

"Why didn't you wear a rain coat, Tommy?" He shouted, alarmed, not angry.

I was sick of playing games. If he was going to use things against me, he might as well do it now.

"Because I don't have a rain coat, old man."

His brow furrowed, "You don't?"

"No, and before you ask, my parents won't buy one." I said, sauntering up to him.

"They probably don't give two f*cks if I was dead in a ditch." I muttered softly.

If Phil heard it, he didn't react, only pulling me under the umbrella as we started walking towards the building.

I sighed, I wish he actually did care.

________________________

How do you bond with others? 'Cause I don't know how to write that.

Have a great day/night, my friends! 💙