Chapter 33

TW: mentioned abuse, mentioned self harm, court? Swearing,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy was so excited for Wilbur to come home.

Key word: was

Now he is in a hotel room, as his older brother furiously calls CPS.

He was far from welcomed home by his parents.

"Shit Tommy, I realized they were terrible, but I didn't realize you were literally starving."

"It's okay." Tommy said weakly.

"It's not, Tommy. You're so thin, and you have more scars."

"I am getting better, I have a few friends, and Phil is really nice."

"That's great, but you're being abused."

"It's always been like this."

"It won't be anymore. I will get you out of that God forsaken house, whatever it takes."

"If you ever need to get out of your house, you're always welcome at mine."

"I know you hate me, but I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

He could never ask either of them that.

"Wilbur, why are you trying to get me out, where would I even go?"

"You'd live with me. I got an apartment, and you could just live with me, I'll enroll you into a new school, and you would have food, and someone who loves you."

And how long will that last?

"Why?" Was all Tommy could ask.

"Because, Tommy, you're my brother." He knelt down, and brushed a hair out of Tommy's face. "My little brother who loved the world, and never got the love back. My brother who loved his parents, who never reciprocated said love. You're my brother, and you deserve the world, you deserve so much that was ripped away."

"You could be a poet." The blond said, causing Wilbur to break down in helpless laughter.

"But it's true."

It's not true

It's not true

It's true

It's true

It's true

The day at court was set up, and in his excitement, he let it slip to Phil.

"What's the court day for?" He asked, confused.

Usually Tommy would say it's not his business, but he was dying to tell someone.

"It's so my brother, can gain full legal custody over me."

Phil nodded with a smile, "I wish you the best of luck Tommy."

"Me too."

Especially cause CPS is supposed to search the house in a day, and if they find his parents unfit, he'll either end up with Wilbur, or in foster care.

Honestly, anything is better than staying.

The idea made him happy. The happiest he's been in a long while. He talked with Tubbo and Ranboo, who wished him good luck, and toyed with Phil. After all, he was nice, even if it was just a front.

"Is your brother picking you up?" Phil asked.

"Nah, I'm meeting him at the park."

"Can I meet your brother?

Tommy shrugged, "Why not?" After all, he was either leaving with him, or wouldn't see him again till he's 18. His parents threatened to file a restraining order against Wil, so that's great.

They walked to the park after the bell rang. Wilbur was sitting on a bench, strumming his guitar like the lanky bitch he is.

He saw them coming, and set his guitar down, standing up to greet them.

"Good afternoon Mr. Watson." He said, tipping his head to Phil.

Then his eyes lit up in recognition. "Philza Fucking Minecraft, Gods know Tommy'd end up with you."

"Wilbur Soot, of course your brother would take after you."

"You never told me you knew my brother!" Tommy squawked.

"I forgot, it's been a while."

"Haha, Philza’s an old man." Wilbur chortled.

Tommy grinned. "Phil, you're so old, aren't you past your expiration date?"

Wilbur laughed long and loud, and Phil sputtered indignantly.

"You never changed." Phil said with a grin, "and I think Tommy inherited your snarkiness."

"Inherited? He'd have to be dead for me to inherit it, I have my own snarkiness."

"Yeah, I'd have to be like you. Old."

"I'm 31!"

"Mhm, Old." Tommy chimed in.

"I swear Tommy is the combination of Tech's anger issues, and your everything."

Tommy smiled at that, some people don't like the dead to be brought up, but having that mentioned makes him feel just a bit closer to his older brother.

___________________________

We're almost done! It will bother me that there will only be 39 chapters, and not a round number, but it's fine.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙