(20): run to you

JOSH  ——————

JOSH
——————

quickly dribbling the ball down the court, I looked up at the shot clock. with it only being 7 seconds left in the game, i had to do something.

crossing over the dude they had guarding me, I rushed down the middle of the lane to try and get a lay up. going up for the lay, I was soon knocked down. 

foul.

the crowd immediately started clapping because I was given a chance to tie the game. being down by 2 points, I had to make both free throws. normally this would be a easy knock down for me but lately my free throws have been off.

walking up to the freethrow line, I blew into my fist. "2 shots" the referee motioned and tossed the ball to me.

I rolled the ball over in my hand and then dribbled it a couple times. going into my shooting motion, I lowered my knees and released the ball.

I instantly knew it was a brick by the way it came out of my hands. "awww" the crowd sounded as my thoughts became reality. the ball bounced off the back rim causing the other team to start a early celebration.

getting the ball back, i quickly dribbled and shot the ball up. I made the second attempt but it didn't matter because we were still down 1.

"fuck" i let out, standing there. I didn't move from the free throw line. watching the other team throw the ball in with .4 seconds left, anger just came over me.

when the buzzer sounded, i said a couple cuss words and grabbed a towel from the last seat. immediately taking my ass to the back, i didn't participate in any handshakes or post game. I wasnt a person you wanted to be around after losses.

i went ahead and got a early shower so I could be ahead of the guys.

hopping in the walk in , i let the water run down my back with my head down. I soon heard distant noise and soon my team was in the locker room.

surprisingly, everybody was talking and sounding like everything was good. but shit wasn't. I realized during the first few games, my teammates dealt with losses better than me.

i didn't take a long shower because I was ready to dip. putting on some new ethika boxers, I walked back into the main area of the locker room. holding my towel on my waist, all eyes went back to me.

"let's all thank josh for giving us something to do for practice tomorrow" my head coach spoke causing groans and sighs to feel the air.