Behind the mask 4

Haseena stopped the car near the lake and asked him to get down. As soon as he got down Haseena checked if anyone was there and heaved a sigh of relief when no one was there. Anubhav who was holding Cookie in his arms followed her silently.

She looked at him and pointed at one spot. He silently sat there. Cookie jumped from his lap and started playing in the garden.

Haseena sat beside him. This time she did not sat taking support of some other tree but both were taking the support of one tree.

Anubhav looked at her "Aap kya chahti he humse. Humne bol to diya hum aapse naraz nahi he phir kya chahiye aapko."

Haseena looked at him sternly making him silent. She took a deep breath "Humne us din jo kaha wo bohot galat tha. Aapne humari help lene se bhi mana kar diya tha. Hume us din samajh jana chahiye tha lekin ab hamare liye kisi par bhi yakeen karna aasan nahi he. Hume nahi hota yakeen kisi pe bhi. Aap bataiye humari kya galti. Ha aap nahi he bakiyo jese lekin hum agar nahi kar baate bharosa kisi bhi insan pe to hum kya kare."

Anubhav looked at her. He could feel an immense pain in her voice. "Aap theek he na Haseena." He asked in the sweetest voice possible. Hearing his soothing voice a year betrayed her and fell from her eyes. Anubhav shifted near her. "Agar koi problem he to aap hume bata sakti he. Hum wada karte he na kabhi aapko judge karenge aur na hi kabhi aapka vishwas todenge."

Haseena looked at him. His eyes had something which made her feel secure. His smile soothed her soul. "Kabhi kabhi ek anjan ko apne dard bata dene chahiye. Jo baat hum kisi apne ko nahi bata pate ki wo chinta karenge wo hume kisi anjan ko batane se shayad dil halka ho jaye. Esa hamari dadi kaha karti thi."

Haseena smiled sadly hearing him "Mere apno ne kabhi meri chinta nahi kari he Anubhav."

Anubhav looked at her confused. Before he can ask something he saw her eyes pooled with tears. He knew what he was going to do next was morally incorrect but he couldn't stop himself from wiping her tears. As soon as his fingers touched her eyes tears started flowing. She without any delay threw herself in his arms shocking him. He wrapped his arms around her protectively and rubbed her back calming her down.

But he was unaware that this outburst was much needed. This was probably the first time after that incident in her life that she was crying or letting her pain out. "Haseena please rona band kariye aur hume bataiye agar koi problem he to."

But as if his voice went to deaf ears Haseena kept on crying letting everything out. The feeling of safety and warmth she felt in his arms was something she was looking for a long time. After a good one hour she stopped crying but still sobs were audible to him. He rubbed her back trying to calm her down. He made her look at him and this time without any hesitation cupped her face. Looking in her eyes he asked "Humpe bharosa kar sakti he aap. Itna sab andar rakhengi to uske bojh tale dab jayengi. Ek hi to jindagi he. Usme khush rehne ki bajaye aap andar se keval ghut rahi he. Ha hum chahte he ki aap hume apni takleef batauye lekin hum ye bhi jante he hum keval ajnabee he. Aap apne kisi kareebi ko bataiye aapke man me kya he please."

Haseena looked in his eyes. Her eyes travelled to his lips. She gazed at him before closing the distance between their lips making Anubhav's eyes bulge out. He tried to break the kiss but was unable to do so because of the intensity. He felt his heart beating at a frantic pace but was controlling himself as he knew she was not in a right state of mind right now and did not wanted to take advantage of the situation. Finally after much struggle he broke the kiss. He knew his cheeks would be red now as they became everytime she was near him. He slapped his cheeks lightly trying to control the rising heat.

As soon as the kiss broke sudden realisation hit Haseena of what she did. She looked at Anubhav wide eyed and covered her face with her palms trying to control her heartbeat and the guilt. Her whole body was still tingling. What she felt was something else.