0.5

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

MY MEMBERS ARE something...not good nor bad just in between. First of all some of them I knew by reputation but most of them? Never heard of them. They haven't made any name for themselves and then with their petty feelings towards me, they make it hard to practice as a team. All of it is at the end of the day going to make me shine so do I care that much? No. It was bothersome but at the end of the day I'm at KBA for myself no one else.

"I think you're the only one who hates their team." Leila comments. After the first day that we conversed with each she invited me to sit with them during breakfast, lunch and dinner
together with Ines. It has already been two weeks since then. I have been able to get to know other dancers which is nice.

The cafeteria tends to be rowdy even in the early morning, all the seniors and juniors of Hall of Janus come here so it makes sense that there's a lot of noise. A lot of students knew each other at first due to them basically growing at KBA. It was unnerving at first but as time goes on I get used to it.

"You'd too if you had my members." She ponders over it, Ines opens her mouth before Leila. "you intimidate them." Ines starts, "most of us are used to each other's dance styles, we know what to expect but you're new, you're a wild card." She flashes a smile, "don't let them walk over you, show them that you're Ashanti and that you're here for a reason." I chuckle, "I see, thank you miss pep talk."

"I do hope that you guys are prepared for the competition." It was the day when we'd show our teachers our progress and they'd evaluate us. Later on we'd find out who made the cut. There were three groups consisting of ten dancers, the numbers needed for Nationals, my group was B so we wouldn't go first. A perfect opportunity to check out the competitors. On my own confidence is swirling in my veins that I can do it but as a team we'll probably lose points on it as chemistry is important.

"As prepared as I can be." I mutter.

Leila heaves out a breath, "enough about that. we still need to survive our classes but anyways are you guys prepared for the class pictures? I already have the look I'll be going for." She frowns, "well...with the uniform it's harder to express it but with jewelry and makeup it'll be alright." At the mention of jewelry I caress my necklace; the feeling of home washes over me. The only necklace I ever wear unless my mother forces me to add another one to it. She knows that I never take it off and she respects it since she lets me wear it but I do have to add one of her necklaces. There are different earrings that I bought so I'll choose one out of them.

"Shanti, would you like to come to our dorm? We could do each other's makeup." We'll take the pictures an hour after class so it wouldn't harm to do it there but I'll have to take my kit with me since their foundation won't match mine. Leila and Ines also share a dorm which I expected due to how close they were. Maybe I should have shared a dorm too...I don't let these thoughts linger for too long. It's better if I have my own place, I don't have energy in me to entertain people. I nod in response and she beams at me.