0.8

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

"WE'RE GETTING our students ID today." Imogen comments as we're walking to our first class of the day. Imogen has been hanging out with us to get to know the duo better even though all of them have been in this long since the first year they all had their own friend groups. There are a couple of outfits we can wear at a uniform school as dancers. The outfit for our self-care class, the uniform throughout the day, the different clothing for the dance classes and the outfit for the Nationals practice but even with all that the type of jewelry she has indicates her style. It was confirmed when she showed a picture of her on vacation in Thailand.

"My picture is going to look beautiful." Leila gushes, "you looked peng that day." the redhead compliments. British slang was something I still have to get used to. "I'm just glad that we're getting an updated one from last year. I shiver whenever I think about the picture." Ines mentions. "I'd love to see it." She gives me a stink eye, "you are never going to see that." I glance in Leila's direction and the smirk on her face tells me all I need to know.

"If you're planning to show it just know that I have something on you." Leila winces, "sorry ladies. Guess no picture is going to be shown." Ines muttered something that resembled that's what I thought.

With chatter we walk towards our self-care class, Leila and I have the same so we part ways with the duo.

"My favorite duo." Yuze greets as he meets us, "you have a favorite other than Maxim? Color me shocked." Leila teases. With his cool facade you wouldn't know what he's thinking but at this moment with the emotion that passed through his eyes I know that there's something more between them.

"Who's your favorite, Ashanti?" He turns towards me, heat fills up my cheeks. There are only four boys in the nationals team and since the announcement I have seen them hanging around so they must have become closer but I wouldn't know what he said about us to them. "Don't drag me in it, Leila is the one teasing you." I point to the girl.

"Ey, valah one day you'll tell us everything about you and Cédric." I've been burying everything regarding the golden boy down and one day it'll burst, I should have talked about it before the damage became big but as of now no bone in my body is ready to reminisce about the golden years of my life.

We arrive in the bustling class and grab our assigned mats after changing in comfortable wear.

"I really need this after the couple of days I've had." It's Wednesday and this is the first time I have seen him. During the nationals practice he hasn't been there but the teachers hadn't said anything so he must have excused himself. "Where have you been?"

"My mother is an event planner and she adds me to the performance so I had to go to China. I only arrived yesterday." Leila nods, "I think that I remember your absences from last year." He ruffles his hair, "it's going to be way less this year. I've arranged it with my mom."