Chapter 2

(Luna's POV)
It has been over five months since I had surgery and I am now active again and excited. Today is my wedding day and I couldn't ask for a better day. "Can I come in?" I hear someone ask knocking on my door. "Who is it? State your name and occupation for todays events." My best friend Nida says. "Alex Walker mother of the bride." My mom says. "Nida let my mother in please. And don't be so harsh." I say giggling as I start to take my hair out. "But what if Trent tries to come in?" She says letting my mother in. "Honey Trent knows better okay. I will kick his ass though if he does try and come in which he doesn't want sooo. Yeah." I say shaking my head. "Ugh fine." She says going back and does my hair. "Hi mom. What do you need?" I ask looking at her through the mirror. "I wanted to give you this for your wedding day." She says handing me a sting of pearls. "Oh mom they are beautiful." I say taking them and putting them on. "I wore them when I married your father." She says smiling. "Thank you mom." I say hugging her gently. "Your welcome." She says watching me finish getting ready. I finally finish and put on my wedding dress that I've wanted for so long and look at myself in the mirror. "You look beautiful Luna." My friend says. "Thanks." I say doing a full turn and smile. "It's time. I'll go and find your father." My mom say standing and leaves quickly to find my dad. "I'll be waiting for you. You got this. Soon you will be Mrs. Trent Malloy." She says giving me a big hug. "Thanks Nida. See you shortly." I say hugging her back. She smiles and leaves as my father comes in. "You will need these." I hear him say causing me to turn and see him holding flowers. "Oh daddy they are beautiful." I say looking at them and take them. "They are just like you. You look stunning. I can't believe your a strong woman. Just yesterday it was like you were still my little girl." He says looking at me. "Awww daddy I will always be your little girl no matter how old I get. I love you daddy." I say hugging him tightly. "I love you too Nitika." He says using my Cherokee name. "We should get going. I don't want Trent to worry." I say pulling away. My dad nods and takes my arm gently before we head out and I am lead to my husband. "You look stunning." Trent says as he takes my hand. "You don't look half bad yourself Malloy." I tease giggling a bit.

We go through the ceremony and finally get to where we put the rings on and kiss. "Trent repeat after me. I trent Malloy." A pastor friend of ours states. "I trent Malloy." Trent says holding the ring in his hand. "Take thee Luna Walker." The pastor continues. "Take thee Luna Walker." He says smiling. "To be my lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health." Our pastor Rosco Johns continues. "To be my lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health." Trent continues and looks at me. "As long as we both shall live." Our pastor finishes. "As long as we both shall live." He finishes and slides the ring on my finger. "Luna now it's your turn." Rosco states turning to me. I take the ring from Nida's hand and hold. "I Luna Walker take thee Trent Malloy to be my lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health as long as we both shall live." I say and slide the ring on his finger. "Let it be know that this man and this woman are joined in holy matrimony in front of friends, family and the lord. Now by the power vested in me and the state of Texas I now pronounce you husband and wife. Trent you may now kiss your bride." Rosco states. Trent pulls me in close and kisses me gently and passionately. I kiss back the same way and wrap my arms around his neck then pull away smiling widely. "Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and family I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Trent Malloy. Please join the couple in celebrating their union." Rosco says as Trent and I head down the isle followed by everyone. "Thunder I know is smiling down on us today. I feel it." I say holding my husband's hand and look at him. "I know he is. Just wish he was here." Trent says looking at the sky. "He is here though Trent. All around us I see him." I say smiling and gently stroke his cheek. "I know I see him too. Moses down boy." He says gently pushing the dog off of him and sends him away. "He loves you." I say smiling and link my arm with his and grab his hand. "LUNA!!!" My friend squeals running at me. "Woah Nida slow down." I say bracing myself for the impact. My friend attacks me in a tight hug and holds me. "Congratulations Mrs. Malloy! I'm so happy for you. Our whole friend group is married now." She says pulling away from the hug. "I know it's weird. Your married to little foot. And miakoda is married to white eagle. I'm married to trent." I say smiling and look at my husband who was talking to his best friend. "Yeah. Two of us are married to Cherokees and one is married to a white man. Nothing wrong with that." She says. "I know Nida. Remember I'm a half breed." I say looking at her and then at my father and mother who were busy talking to some friends. "It doesn't matter. You are still Cherokee to all of us." She says patting my back. "Thanks Nida. You were always a good friend." I say smiling. She smiles and goes off to find her husband leaving me alone. I stand where I am and look around at everyone and try to take it all in and smile feeling love and nothing but happiness. "Everything good Nitika?" I hear my dad say snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah everything is fine daddy. Just taking in everything." I say looking at him and smile. "Good. Have you and Trent danced at all?" He asked. "No Nida attacked me." I say giggling watching my friend and her husband dance. "Well can I have a dance with my only daughter before Trent takes you away from me forever?"He asks. "Of course daddy. And Trent will never take me away from you forever." I say giggling and smile going with him. Walker takes my hands and starts to dance with me. I smile and dance with him holding onto him like I did when I was a kid. "I love you daddy." I whisper holding him. "I love you too daughter." He says holding me tightly. I hold him and tear up a bit knowing I will miss him once tonight was over. Its hard knowing that you are still close to your family but no longer have their name and have to become an adult.