1

A week before Halloween.

Arabella took her bag out of her locker, slamming it shut after and walking down the hallway that was slowly being emptied. She tossed her hair to the side and used it to cover the crowd of people as she looked down at her hands.

She was holding a costume. A Halloween costume.

Celebrating these types of events seemed pointless to her after her parents died. They would always take her to houses when she was younger to get candy. A smile formed on her face as she thought of her parents.

She really missed them.

She sighed and her smile fell, Arabella walked out of the school, throwing the costume into the trash without a second thought.

She stuffed her hands into her hoodie's pockets, walking down a few streets until she reached her house. Arabella opened the door using the spare house key, since her brother wasn't home yet.

She goes into her room and takes out her notebook, doing a quick drawing. She drew a tree, many trees, it became a forest. Then she added a single road going down the middle. A person walking next to the road. Ara sits back, admiring her work. It was simple, but she enjoyed simple things.

Something was missing.

She took out her pencil again, and drew a hand holding a knife that was barely coming into the frame opposite the first person she drew, then she shaded a bit of it. She grabbed her red colored pen and used that to finish it off.

A knife with blood dripping off of it. It seemed to add some mystery to her drawing, and would raise questions to whoever would view it. This pleased her enough to put it back down and find something else to do.

She grabbed her small map of the town and decided to go on a walk. Leaving the house, she followed a trail down to an area with a beautiful view of a lake. Arabella stared at it in awe. She took out her phone and positioned it for a photo.

She was standing at the edge of a cliff, and suddenly the rocks beneath her began to tumble, making her lose her balance. Arabella fell forward, but reacted quickly by grabbing onto some of the larger rocks, while her phone fell to the bottom.

Once she was able to find balance again she went to look for her phone. When she found it, she saw there was a crack across the screen, and it wouldn't turn back on again.

She sighed. Guess that's it for her phone. She tried to look for her map. It was time to head home, since it was starting to get dark too.

Arabella saw the map and walked over to it, but a gentle breeze pushed it further away from her. She eventually caught up to it and picked it up off the ground. As she was getting upright again, she looked up and saw a tall figure standing in the distance wearing a white mask and a dark blue outfit.

He was just staring at her, and she wasn't able to tell if he was even alive, or if it was a statue of some sort.

Until he started walking toward her.

She looked down at the map, fixing it so she could see where she was. Arabella calmly started to walk away, going back to her house as she slipped her phone into her pocket.

She pulled out the small but sharp knife she kept in her shoe at all times, and turned around to see if the person was still following her.

He was gone.