5

One year later.
Halloween.

She graduated earlier this year.

She also hadn't seen Michael since he had brutally murdered Matt right in front of her.

She believed his death brought back all of her grief from her parents dying. That's why she was constantly sad and never found enjoyment in anything. That's what she believed.

Lucas tried to get a positive reaction out of her by taking her to all of her favorite places, giving her all of her favorite things, but she still couldn't be happy. She had told him about everything. Her stalker, who had killed someone she could've gotten really close to. How she felt after.

She feels broken. Why does she feel this way? She didn't want to feel this way. She was staring out of her window, sighing. Most of the day she would either lay on her bed or sit on her desk chair, staring out of her window, emotionless. It was another one of those days.

But it was Halloween. She should go out.

She suddenly gets the motivation to stand up and leave her room. "Lucas." she called out, seeing him typing on his computer for work. He turned on his chair, seeing her up, he looked surprised. "Ara!"

"I'm gonna go for a walk." she says blankly. He is even more surprised now, "Oh, cool. Um..." He checks the calendar, seeing what day it is. "Are you sure?" He looks back at her.

"I'll be fine." She reassures him. She throws on a hoodie and leaves the house, going to a nearby park. She glances at a bench, and instantly the memories come flooding back to when she witnessed Matt's murder. Her eyes trailed away from the benches, deciding the grass was better to look at.

Then she stops. Someone was watching her.

She looked around, not really knowing what to think. There was no one around. For a moment there, she almost had... hoped she would see someone. Arabella had no idea why she would even hope for that. Stupid.

She kept walking, fidgeting with the strings on her hoodie as she went through the park. Something didn't feel right, and she found she should've trusted her gut (like she usually did, but didn't this time), when her vision is blocked completely. A bag had gone over her head, she tried to yank it off, but someone was behind her holding it tightly around her.

She lost oxygen and passed out.