3

One day until Halloween.

It was almost night time, and she hadn't seen the masked man since he zipped up her jacket. She was holding onto the jacket now, looking at the zipper. She found the way he moved strange. Always quick.

She put the jacket down so she could finish getting dressed for school. As she went on the sidewalk, she looked around, not seeing her stalker anywhere. Okay, maybe she was a little excited to see him. It was nice, he was like having a silent friend.

Arabella's day went on like usual, then she was walking out of school, deciding to skip hanging out in the library today. Someone was walking behind her. She knew it couldn't be him, since he was quiet with his movements. The person taps her on the shoulder, and she turns.

"Oh, you're the girl from a couple of days ago in the library, right?" he asks. It was that guy that came into the library. "That's me. What is it?" She says, glancing around.

"Woah, are you in a rush or something? Straight to the point. I just wanted to talk to you, I mean... I wanted to know if you were coming to my party or not." he says.

She sighed, "Why does it matter?" Even though she was going, she wanted to toy with him for a moment. He scratched his head, "Well... It... It doesn't, really."

She slowly nodded. "So..."

"I just thought you were interesting in the library." She almost laughed. She barely said anything to him that day, clearly this guy had some crush on her. She had no idea why or how, because she barely ever socialized with anyone at school.

"Really? That's great." she replies, trying to put on a genuine tone. It wouldn't be bad to make a friend. He smiled. "Yeah, oh- You have something on your hair." He says, she tilts her head slightly so he can get it.

He leaned in, and she could smell his cologne. It didn't smell bad. He put one hand on her shoulder, and another on her head, before he seemed to take something out. She looked up, and he held a small leaf in between them in his hand. "Autumn." he says, tossing it on the ground after.

She stared at him, she was still close to him, neither had backed away after he took the leaf out of her hair. "Matt! Let's go!" a guy calls out, she turns and sees a group of a few guys and girls in the distance. "Sorry, I'll see you later." he says to her, she shrugs. "I'll see you at the party."

He smiles again, a bit brighter from her response as he rushes over to his friends. She started walking back to her house. When she went inside, she grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. "Luke?" she called out. No reply.

She walked to her room and sat on her bed. He's probably out shopping, we barely have any groceries. She thought to herself as she went onto her computer, playing a random game. She stayed like this for around an hour, before she felt a presence.

Here? She thought, standing up to look around. Her eyes landing on the window, the man with the white mask was standing there. She opens the window, sitting on the windowsill. The both of them stare at eachother in silence, since she had nothing to talk about, and he seemed he never talked.

After a few minutes. "My name is Arabella Raven. I don't know if you knew that. I would ask for yours, but I guess you don't talk." She looks down, picking at her fingernails.

She looks back up at him, "Do you want me to know your name?" He slowly nods. "Okay, I have a notebook you can write it in." She stands up and grabs it from her desk, along with a pencil. She places both on the windowsill. He writes a name, then she takes the notebook, looking at it. "Michael Myers." The name sounded vaguely familiar.

She closes her notebook, putting it away with the pencil. When she does, he's gone from her window. She closes the window and goes back onto her computer. She searches up his name. Oh, great.

Her stalker's a serial killer.