0.4 | I See the Light

—————————— 🌼 ——————————

That evening, Mother Gothel waited by the other side of the secret passageway of the Snuggly Duckling, clutching her dagger, ready to attack.

The trapdoor swung open but it was just the Stabbington brothers. Mother Gothel quickly hid behind a boulder, with her black cloak's hood up.

"I'll kill him. I'll kill that Rider." She heard Sideburns snap, gaining her attention. "We'll cut him off at the kingdom and get back the crowns. Come on!"

"Or.."

Hearing the woman's voice, all of a sudden, the Stabbington brothers turned around to see her.

"..perhaps you want to stop acting like wild dogs chasing their tails and think for a moment." Mother Gothel suggested, holding Eugene's satchel.

The red-haired criminals immediately drew their swords, obviously prepared to fight her for it.

"Oh, please!" She promptly scoffed, through a mildly amused chuckle. "There's no need for that."

Then she tossed down the satchel.

The Stabbington brothers wrestled over the satchel, but their quarrel halted abruptly when they each pulled out the princesses' tiaras

They both chuckled, their eyes gleamed with triumph as they admired the priceless jewels.

"Well, if that's all you desire, then be on your way! I was going to offer you something worth one thousand crowns. Would have made you rich beyond belief and that wasn't even the best part! Oh, well, c'est la vie. Enjoy your crowns!" Mother Gothel declared, her voice dripping with false indifference as she turned to leave.

"What's the best part?" Sideburns asked, his smirk fading as his suspicion mingling with curiosity.

Mother Gothel paused, a sly smile playing on her lips as she slowly turned back to face them.

Her eyes gleamed with a dangerous light. "It comes with revenge on ♪ Flynn Rider ♪" She revealed, holding up Eugene's wanted poster with a flourish.

The Stabbington brothers' exchanged malicious grins, intrigued by the prospect of settling the score, their dark desires burning hotter than ever.

***

Elsewhere, that night, Eugene, Rapunzel and Rosalie settled beside a crackling campfire.

The flickering flames had cast a warm glow over Rosalie as she carefully tended to the fire, adding another small branch to keep it burning bright.

Rapunzel, sat on a large log beside Eugene, gently wrapped her long, golden hair around his palm.

"So, you're being strangely cryptic as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand." Eugene commented, before suddenly groaning in pain.