Kitsune and Tengu

Whistling his happy tune, Chuuya placed his book down onto his lap and looked up. He used his hand to shield his eyes from the sun that escaped through the gaps of the leaves from the tree he was under. Placing his book into his sling bag, his eyes widened as his majestic black wings came out from his back as he took to the branch above him. A few seconds later, a familiar male came to sight. His nine white tails swaying behind him. The brunette, bandages covering his right eye. looked up as his ears twitched before he started whining, "Chibi...why did you dodge?" 

"Stupid waste of bandages! I hate it when you give me surprise hugs. You hug too tight!" The kitsune sighed before jumping up the tree trunk up to the branch Chuuya was on. "That's not a  good reason..." Chuuya rolled his eyes and retorted, "it doesn't have to be." The kitsune still chuckled and hugged the ginger gently. "Hey Dazai! Stop! We'll fall off!" Chuuya exclaimed and true to his words, they came crashing down. Before they hit the floor, Dazai used his magic to make their fall slower and Chuuya dropped into Dazai's hands, bridal style. "You know I won't let my precious tengu fall right ,Chuuya?" Dazai gave Chuuya a confident glance which Chuuya only sighed at. Letting the tengu down, Chuuya adjusted his robe properly and glanced at Dazai who was happily swaying his tail from side to side. "You're here late. Anything happened?" Dazai looked at Chuuya and grinned, "Nothing, just had to talk to my father!" Chuuya nodded in an understanding way and started walking with Dazai trailing behind.

It has been a year since Chuuya and Dazai met. Despite their squabbles and childish fights, they were the best of friends. It was rare for a tengu and kitsune to get along anyway. That was because they were both enemies and had wars. However, that was all in the past. The wars stopped and the kitsune and tengu group became more friendly. Sadly, some people still hasn't forgotten the past. Both species were immortal which is the reason why there was still some hatred dwelling in the two groups. Kitsunes were blessed with powers, such as their famous fox fires, invisibility and so on. Tengus were blessed with their black or white wings and their skill with katanas or any other sword-like weapons. Both had their pros and cons. A love relationship was starting to bloom between a tengu and kitsune soon. 

Who knew it would be the first and the last?