-Misunderstanding-

As Dazai caught up with Chuuya, Chuuya didn't even take a glance at the brunette as he continued to make his way out of the base. Dazai was busy trailing behind, wanting at least to catch Chuuya's attention. However, the ginger was not helping by just walking faster despite the soreness in his leg. Dazai noticed that and desperately wanted to help but just couldn't phrase it. He tried shouting the other's name but the other didn't listen, he kept walking. 

That continued until both were out of the base's main building but had to still go through a tunnel to the forest. As Chuuya walked forward, the leaves intertwined over his head, the tunnel had a fresh scent of grass. It was only a few minutes before both heard sirens coming from the building behind them. Chuuya only then looked back to see guards running hastily around. They must have found out the corpse and missing Tengu. Clicking his tongue, annoyed because he knew he couldn't fly just yet because his wings were still healing, Chuuya ran. Dazai was occupied observing the number of men running towards the tunnel he was in. When he glanced back to where he expected the ginger to be, he sighed as he saw nothing. Noticing leaves on the ground, Dazai set the leaves on fire before running away. The men running, saw the Kitsune and started running faster but came to a halt as a wall of fire stopped them from going any further. They cursed out loud as they tried to stop the fire. Running out of the tunnel, it was too early for Chuuya to sigh in relief as he knew there will be men hunting him down, he kept running but slowly came to a stop to catch his breath. He hoped he had lost that annoying Kitsune as he glanced back and was about to laugh out loud in triumph that he had lost Dazai only to be stopped by a rustling on the branch above him. Before he could see who or what it was, a figure jumped down and grabbed Chuuya, pinning him on the ground. Chuuya coughed as he felt the air get knocked out of him. His eyes slowly open to see the 'oh so familiar' Dazai hovering above him, searching for something in his bag. "Oi! Stupid fox! Get off me!" Dazai hummed a 'No' before continuing to ransack his bag. Chuuya knew he couldn't get out of this and decided to stay still. Finding what he was looking for, Dazai smiled as his tails swayed happily from side to side. "Chibi, drink this. It's medicine for your information. Don't worry, I won't poison you!" Chuuya huffed at the last sentence. "What if I say that I think you're lying and won't drink it." Dazai sighed once more. He can't even count how many times he sighed out of frustration today.  "Just drink it! I'll explain later!"

"I don't want to hear your explanation. Now get off me!" 

"Stop being stubborn and drink it!"

"I don't want t-" Before Chuuya could finish his sentence, Dazai got frustrated and cupped Chuuya's chin and poured the liquid into Chuuya's mouth. Using his hand to cover Chuuya's mouth as to not allow Chuuya to spit it out, Dazai heard Chuuya choke a little but after a while, he swallowed it. Dazai removed his hand and got off Chuuya as he hummed his happy tune as he saw Chuuya sit up slowly while glaring at him. It was rather slow but Dazai realised that Chuuya's wound was slowly healing by itself. 

"The medicine would take a few hours to fully heal the wound. It really depends on the server it's of the wound." 

Dazai remembered Higuchi's words and his smile turn into a slight frown. 'If Chuuya gets hurt again, the medicine would be no use...'  was what Dazai was thinking as he saw Chuuya wipe his mouth with his forearm before he flapped his wings a little and flew to the tree branch. Chuuya continued to glare at Dazai who slowly climbed up the tree as well and sat on the same branch as him. He scooted a little further away from Dazai before sticking his tongue out in disgust. "That medicine tasted really bitter. I'm pretty sure it was poison." Dazai chuckled before teasing, "Alright drama queen. Want to hear my explanation now?" Chuuya bit his lip while contemplating as Dazai noticed him wanting to say no but slowly nodded hesitantly after a while. Dazai grinned slightly as he apologised first of all for what he did before explaining. "Mori-san wanted me to take your pendant because it was worth a lot of money. I refused but he forced me to so...I did what I did and you left. I went to search for you, defying my father's words and met this lone Kitsune called Higuchi who gave me the medicine and now we're here." Chuuya stared in disbelief. Upon looking at that, Dazai felt somewhat relief as he knew Chuuya would forgive easily if you really sincerely apologise. However, the reply he got made Dazai's heart shatter. 

"You're probably making up a lie so that you can steal from me again. I don't believe you, get lost!" With that, Chuuya stood at the edge of the branch as Dazai lifted his hand, wanting to grab Chuuya to stop him. But, his hand fell, back to his side as Chuuya flew off. "Dammit..." Dazai muttered as he shouted Chuuya's name before throwing something at him and leaving. Chuuya caught the object that thrown to him and slowly opened his palm to see his golden pendant that Dazai stole during their wedding. Chuuya's heart ached as he glanced back at the branch to see no one. Dazai had already left. Was Dazai actually telling the truth. If he was lying, he wouldn't have given the pendant back. Chuuya thought hard about it as he soared through the sky, the pendant clutched tightly in his hand. That's when he remembered what Dazai said. 

"-I met a lone Kitsune called Higuchi, who gave me the medicine..." 

Chuuya's eyes widened as he made an awkward U-turn and and flew back. He rem erred seeing a hut along the way before getting capture. Maybe that was where the Kitsune, Higuchi lived at? Knowing his suicidal partner's ways, it was a race against time as Chuuya tried to recal, where the hut was as he forced himself to fly faster. He needed to check whether Dazai was telling the truth or not. 3 years ago, was what Dazai did all just a lie? Chuuya wouldn't be able to sleep at night properly without knowing the answer to that question.