The truth

Thanks to Chuuya's wings,  Chuuya reached where he was captured in just a few minutes as he retraced his steps and soon enough, he saw a hut in a distance. It stood out from all the leaves bushes and leaves. He prayed hard as he raised his hand to knock on the door but he stopped. 

What if he didn't like the answer?

What if Dazai really was lying to him again?

What if Dazai didn't love him from the start?

Upon having those negative thoughts whizz around Chuuya's mind, Chuuya decided against his previous thought as he turned from the door and got ready to take off to the sky again before someone yelled at him. "Is there something wrong? Tengu's don't really pass by these parts." Chuuya glanced behind him to see a blonde staring right at him. "Nothing wrong. Forget it." That was when the blonde stopped him by pulling at his arm. "You're that tengu that passed by my hut previously. I'm glad to see that you're okay. Your fiancé went looking for you." Chuuya avoided eye contact with the blonde before taking a deep breath. "Lone kitsunes can see the last and further right?" The blonde slowly let go of Chuuya before replying, "Yes...I can. Why?" Chuuya turned to face the blonde which he guessed was Higuchi but still avoided eye contact as he used his gloved hand to rub the back of his neck. "I want to know something and hoped that you can help me out...." Higuchi looked at Chuuya and kept silent for a while, "Of course. I'm Higuchi. You are?"

"Nakahara Chuuya..."  Chuuya's voice was soft and hesitant. He didn't know the answer to his question and was scared to know. Higuchi who noticed that, smiled, "I'm pretty sure the answer to what you want to know is something good. I know it!" With that, Higuchi welcomed Chuuya to her hut and went to get a mirror. Upon hearing what Higuchi said, the fear clutching Chuuya's heart eased as he relaxed in the chair, waiting for Higuchi to get back. 

Carrying a mirror to the room, Chuuya immediately helped Higuchi set it down on the floor. "Now, it's very easy. Just ask your question in your head and it will take you to the past or future, depending on your question. Go on." Higuchi encouraged Chuuya as Chuuya recited his question in his head calmly. He was going to bravely face the past. Whatever the answer was, Chuuya would accept it. It would be better to know the real answer than to not know at all.

What was the real reason why Dazai stole my pendant 3 years ago?

Chuuya took a deep calming breath as he closed his eyes. When his eyes flickered open, he covered his eyes with his hand as the sudden brightness blinded him. When his eyes adjusted to the light, he looked around to see that he was in the Kitsune's tribe. Kitsune's walking and none seemed to notice him. Must be because Chuuya was from the present and Higuchi purposely allowed Chuuya to be invisible to everyone in the past. As he explored the village, Chuuya looked around, aware of everything around him. He hasn't actually step foot into the village before, he wasn't allowed to anyway. That's when he saw a familiar Kitsune. It was Dazai with what Chuuya realise as Mori. Chuuya silently thanked Higuchi for making him not visible to those surrounding him as he followed the father and son to their home which was up a hill. Noticing he couldn't use his wings, Chuuya sighed as he had to walk up the hill without the convenience on his wings. It was a few minutes before both father and son reached their home and went into a room. Chuuya still observing the monotonous colours of the house. When he went to open the door for the room he saw Dazai and Mori go into,  huuya almost jumped as he saw a scalpel fly past his head. Chuuya glanced back at the scalpel on the floor which he swore he saw a tint of red liquid on the scalpel. Was that blood? Looking back, his eyes widened as he saw Dazai's cheek had a small cut and blood was flowing out of the cut. Sure, Mori wouldn't want to kill his son but hurting him was another thing. Chuuya saw Dazai used his thumb to wipe the blood away as Mori used his powers to make the scalpel float back to him. Chuuya, nothing that, crouched low as the scalpel came flying above his head and back to Mori's hand. "I almost got killed two times..." Chuuya muttered to himself, annoyed as he watched the scene in front of him.