Leaving

Hiccup's P.O.V

After the flight, we landed in the cove. It was already nighttime. I hopped off Toothless and helped Astrid off. I was glad I could show her the friendly side of the dragons. 

"Hiccup, what are you going to do now? You can't kill the dragon." Astrid asked me softly.

"I know Astrid, that's why I'm running away," I replied.

"What? Please take me with you, Hiccup!" Astrid pleaded.

"I-I don't know, Astrid. You don't have a dragon and Toothless will get very tired if he carries us both for a long time." 

"I can train a dragon from the arena. Please, Hiccup."

"Okay, but we're going to have to do this fast." I sighed. This is going to be a lot more work than I thought. 

Astrid's P.O.V

As we arrived at the arena, the dragons started to growl. Hiccup went inside and calmed the dragons. I followed him in. Hiccup opened a deadly nadder's cage. The dragon was big.

"I think she would suit you," Hiccup smiled. "Extend your hand to her, but don't touch her. She will come to you." 

I did as he said and closed my eyes. After about a second, I felt the deadly nadder press her head into my hand. I smiled. "I will name her Stormfly," I announced. She squawked happily. I think she likes her name.  

Back at the cove, Hiccup showed me how to bond with Stormfly and gave me some trust exercises to do. I fed her and then Hiccup said it was time to go. He got a saddle for Stormfly and then I got on her and attached the basket with my belongings onto the saddle. Then, we were off. "Goodbye Berk," I whispered. Then I shouted in glee as Stormfly rose in the air. Flying on the back of my own dragon was great! 

Hiccup's P.O.V

As Toothless rose into the air, I looked back one more time and whispered, "Goodbye Berk," I let a single tear fall from my eye and then looked away. As I did, I heard Astrid shout in excitement. I smiled, we would finally be free!

My second chapter! Sorry it took so long to update and sorry it's short. I couldn't find time as I have a busy schedule. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading it! 

-Sam