What Remained of Crosby

March 20th: 1:10 PM

We coupled up with Oliver and dragged him down the line as Bob and Sam weren't in his cab, as we were heading down the line, I wanted to check a nearby house for survivors or food. As I was exiting the empty house with a bag of stuff, a horn boomed ahead of us, and then Mavis thundered past blasting her horn and pulling, Henrietta, a brake van, and a fuel tanker. She sped by us and didn't say anything, not a hello, or even gave us a passing glance. She seemed to be headed towards the Mainland, we were about to go after her but then we heard a whistle that we all knew. Then Henry shot past us groaning and a sickening roar came from him, I noticed a scar across his entire face stretching from his right cheek to the other end of his face. Douglas gasped in fright, but thankfully Henry didn't see us. I decided it would be best to head to Crosby as fast as possible, good news for us as Crosby was just up the line, so I released Douglas's brakes, and we puffed down the line into Crosby. 

We entered Crosby and there wasn't much left of the place, there was rolling stock torn to pieces, and saw battered and wrecked remains of a little green shunter

We entered Crosby and there wasn't much left of the place, there was rolling stock torn to pieces, and saw battered and wrecked remains of a little green shunter. I searched it over to find that it was faceless and had no crew, we also found Dereck who was beaten and bruised, but smiled when he saw us. Douglas and Dereck greeted each other and began to talk about their experiences while I reversed Douglas into a siding facing Dereck. As the two were talking I began to notice the smell of rotting flesh and blood, I looked around and saw a familiar red tank engine in front of the breakdown crane. I interrupted Douglas and Dereck and asked if they could smell that too, they could. That's when Dereck said what happened at Crosby.

Dereck's Tale

March 20th: 11:30 A.M [7 minutes before the rain began] 

He was sat in the yard at Crosby shunting a train before refilling on fuel talking to Arthur when he brought up the topic of the new tests happening on Sodor and was asking what Dereck thought of it all. Dereck wasn't that bothered by it; however, Arthur had a similar opinion to Douglas. They were discussing it when clouds began to roll in and the sky got dark, Jeremiah told Derek that they would have to take the breakdown crane to the works to get it checked out. That's when the rain started, at first everything was normal, but then the people at Crosby began to pass out and strangely twitch around like they were having a seizure. A few Workmen, in the nearby station, tried to call for assistance and help them up, but one of the passengers suddenly sat up and bit a workman on the arm. Dereck and Arthur, as well as the remaining people in the station. Arthur's driver then let out a scream as one of the passengers got in his cab and started attacking him. His Fireman tried to help but was slammed into the controls and knocked unconscious. Arthur began to slowly roll forward but soon gained speed and was diverted into the yard headed for Dereck, but instead of hitting Dereck he flew past and was slammed into the breakdown crane arm and tried to let out a scream but was cut off. Dereck was panicking now as the passengers were now up and running around and trying to run at him and attack him. However, Dereck ran them down and kept running over the infected people until Crosby's yard was now a graveyard of such.

Douglas asked about the cuts and the bruise, but Dereck didn't want to talk about it. We'll be heading down to Knapford tomorrow to search for survivors.