VIII

'Why is that name familiar?' Maharlika thought, trying to recall where or when he heard that name.

'Xia...'

'Xia...'

'Xia...'

'Xia!'

'Of course! He's the first emperor!'

"I know you now."

"Oh? Hehehe." He chuckled.

While he was, Maharlika directly asked him.

"When have we met?"

"Direct, I see. But like I said, I met you when you were still little. However, if you want to know specifically, we've met the day before your baptism."

"My... baptism?"

"Yes, I am here - with a few people - to find you. Ophir is worried about you, and I am here to take you back."

"Are you my Godfather then?"

Xia nodded. "I am, but we will talk later. Let us go."

"Huh? Where." Maharlika demanded and raised his guard once again.

"What?... Oh..." That is when Xia realized something.

"Hehe, to your home."

Xia "Come!"

Xia walked away first, Maharlika kept his distance, although he still followed him.

'This boy...'

'His focus is intense... He will do great in the future. I know he will.'

~~~

"Maharlika!"

"AmaaAAA-"

"Maharlika, don't do that to me. Please."

Maharlika stayed silent but eventually returned the hug that was given to him.

"I won't."

Maharlika replied, Ophir embraced him tighter, and he saw Xia right behind Maharlika.

'Thank you.' Ophir mouthed, to which Xia nodded with a smile.

Maharlika looked around and caught a glimpse of Tondo. Curious, he asked.

"Who is this?" While separating himself from the embrace.

"Oh! Ahem- Lika, I would like you to meet Tondo."

"And, well, I assume you already know Xia?"

"I do."

"I see,"

"I thank you once again, Xia."

"Glad to be of help," Xia replied warmly and bowed.

"Come forth, everyone, let us go to the dining room."

The group headed on to their destination, and as hours passed, they talked and talked. Topics of their adventures, their experiences, and even to the point where Tondo nearly spilled an embarrassing secret about Xia. That was the moment Maharlika knew how fun felt again.

As the day was coming to an end, everyone went to their chambers to rest. Except for two.

"Xia? Do you need something?"

"May I talk to you?"

"At this hour?"

"It is regarding Maharlika."

"... I'm listening.."

~~~

The rising sun casts a rosy hue across the morning sky. Its bright rays reflected the gilded exterior of the castle, forming a breathless sight.