Where's my ring? A ring muahahaha!

I try to make my stories always match up with the books but for the sake of this story I'm gonna have to change how Annabeth got the ring.

Also I'm not going with the senti-Adrien theory. Even though I myself believe it.

Annabeth's POV

Percy didn't seem to understand. And even though she knew he couldn't it still annoyed her. Her necklace was gone.

He gave her a sort of puzzled look and she strained to clear her thoughts to explain to him. She didn't normally panic like this but that necklace was special to her.

"My necklace is gone, Percy."

"Okay, we'll just find it again tomorrow. I don't think anyone's gonna take something that looks like a kid's arts and crafts project. It probably just fell off in the fight." He didn't sound worried at all. And the small smile he gave her helped calm her nerves. He didn't know how special the ring was. Her father's college ring. It meant everything to her.

He had been acting strange all day. Worried even. Every time she asked about it he just shook his head and told her he was fine. Annabeth knew he wasn't.

Her father was the most easy going, no care in the world, kind of guy. Something was up and she was going to find out.

That night she heard him on the phone.

"Leave this family alone. I'm never giving her to you." Annabeth paused when she heard this, pressing her ear against the door. There was silence while he listened to whoever was on the other end of the line.

"Try to find her. Just try. I'm sending her someplace you haven't even heard of," her father ended, and hung up the phone.

When he came out of the door Annabeth was waiting for him. She put on an innocent smile and wished him goodnight.

The next day he sent her back to camp with the ring, which he said was an apology gift because work was calling him back and he couldn't spend the rest of the summer with her. She also thought nothing of it again, but made sure to take special care of the ring.

In retrospect she should have probably been scared, she should have questioned what her father meant. Had he been talking about her? He did send her away the next day to a place no one could find her. But it had never come up again. Whoever he was talking to never bothered her. Maybe he gave up? Who knows? But she wasn't going to think too much about that now. She needed to find that ring.

She would never say this to Percy but that ring meant a lot to her. It was one of the only things she had from her father and sometimes she was away from him for a while. Of course they've had there fair share of hard times but they've found common ground now and that was really special to her.

It took a while for Annabeth to fall asleep because of the time difference but when she did it was not peaceful.

She was looking through someone's eyes. Who's eyes? She didn't know. But there weren't hers. She saw the person wake up. He was dizzy, his vision swam before somewhat settling.

The boy was hung up in a tree. What Annabeth meant by that was a branch caught his clothes and now he was stuck. But by the condition he was in, the tree might have saved his life from a long fall. If that was indeed the reason behind it.

For a while he just hung there, tired, hurt and unable to think of a way to get down without plummeting some twenty feet.

Eventually he got together the courage and strength to pull himself up onto the branch. But that itself exhausted him and he collapsed onto the branch, his arms and legs wrapped around it to make sure he didn't fall. He signed and got back and began to make his way down the thick tree.