C H A P T E R 7

AVYANNA P.O.V

I rolled my eyes as Alex went off the screen, and Mia tried to catch him screaming his name and the ways she would torture him. As the other people in the video call laugh at the pair.

"I hate you, Avy!!" Alex screamed.

Oops. Did I forget that I played some role in getting Mia so much worked up? But, in my defense, I was being honest about him stealing her secret stash of candies.

And that is supposed to be a secret. Ala announced in a duh tone.

Already said, oops.

"How can you hate my beautiful, awesome best friend, you idiot." Mia's reply came right afterward.

I smirk as I look down at the brightly lit hallway. I was sitting outside Charlotte's room as I didn't want to pry into her privacy.

What started as a regular call turned into a video call, and now we all are on a catching-up video call.

"Hey guys, I have to go. I have to take Zu for her classes. I will join you later." Ricardo said, and as he left the call, it was only me, Zaiden, Miles, and Mia who were still trying to catch her brother.

"Are you fine?" Zaiden asked me, and I turned back to the phone and nodded while responding, "Yeah, I'm fine."

But their looks told me they didn't believe me, making me sigh.

They know us all too well, Ala commented.

Well, it has been four years since our friendship, given they know me all too well; we all know each other thoroughly, especially seeing all the downs and ups we have experienced.

Coming back here is like re-opening old wounds. It's best for you to just rip the bandage off instead of slowly pulling it. And being here is just like this, especially when the people I love aren't here.

"I'm grounding him for good," Mia said as she returned, but continued as she noticed the slightly heavy tension, "What happened?"

I heard footsteps coming toward me, and I subtly glanced and saw Charlotte, Edgardo, and Antonio coming towards us.

I turn back to the screen, and just when I hear them close to me, I let a small genuine smile come up on my face and nod, "Now, I'm fine that I talked to you all."

"Aww, we love you, too," Mia replied.

"Great, Darlington," Miles said.

And, Zaiden just smiled, but I knew that smile meant everything to me.

"Who are you talking to?" Antonio asked as he came close to peek at the screen.

Privacy dude, Ala exclaimed in my mind.

I pressed the power button, and the call disconnected before he could see them.

"What are you doing outside.?" Edgardo questioned as Antonio blinked in surprise.

I stood and turned toward them, "I didn't ask her if I could enter her room without her being with me."

After a moment of catching them off guard, all three of them started to laugh loudly as I looked at them blankly once it registered in their brain that I was not joking, they sobered up as they looked at each other.

"Hey, we are siblings, we can just enter someone's room without any permission." She said as she opened the door but stood in the way.

"I'm not a sibling to you or anyone in this house," I replied as I saw the hurt flash in their eyes before they tried to hide it.