What made me

"They're just as good as Dream's, right...?"
Nightmare stared at the golden fruits, which reflected their bright gleam.

His brother's apples of positivity. They were famed and sought after, by humans and monsters all over the world. Why wouldn't they be? They held the most wondrous qualities. One bite could make your soul fly like a dove over the clouds; free from all restraints, from all bitterness.
He looked back at his own fruits. They held no gleam. They resembled a black void, dark and empty, which was quite fitting for what they represented. No one wanted his fruits. Much the same way no one wanted him. They looked at him like he was some ill omen to be avoided. And if the glares were not enough, the whispers and stones completed his misery.

Jealousy seized the little guardian. What did Dream have that he did not? Why must everyone hate him, while Dream receives all love? Why couldn't they accept him, like they do for Dream?
If only he could show them...
That he had in himself whatever attracted them to Dream. That he was as capable of protecting the golden fruits, just like Dream.

Perhaps, they would finally accept him. Perhaps, they would admire his fruits, just like the golden ones.

He reached out for the golden apples.
"I'll show them I'm just as good as Dream."
...
"No... "

---------- ------------ ------------ ---------- -----------
"This must have been hard for you, right...?"
It had been multiple times. Sans did not miss the falter in Papyrus' voice this time either. And just like before, he could not stop himself from staring... at the dust mixed with snow and blood, which was once his beloved brother.

The corner of his eye-sockets burnt. His limbs shook from the arduous struggle, trying to keep his tears in. He could not imagine crying without hearing,
"Stop crying, Sans. You lost that long ago."

He wanted to protest to that.
To tell Papyrus that he could not do anything else. That he was helpless. That he did regret all of his actions...
But how could he convince Papyrus, when he- himself- doubted the honesty of his words?

"I'm sorry, Papyrus... Forgive me..."

------------- --------------- ------------- -----------

"Come with me, Sans. Let's kill them all."
"Do you accept my offer? =)"
"... Yes"

The memory remained fresh in his head, as if it was only a moment ago.

He stared at the blood on his hands, just as fresh as his memory. It did not matter anymore. His emotions had long drowned, along with his morals. It was only his apathy that remained.

At first, he had enjoyed it all. Taking pleasure in wiping out all monsters.
He enjoyed the increasing L.V.
He enjoyed the new feeling.
He enjoyed murdering Toriel, Undyne..
. . .
Papyrus...
...
So many others. Gone. Dead. Because of his selfishness.

"That was fun. =) "
Was it...?

---------- ------------ --------------- ------------ ------
"You're goin straight to hell for this. Hehehe~ But you already know that, dontcha?
"Hell? What makes you think it's worse than this place?"
"There's gotta be another way. I'm telling ya-"
Crackkkk Crackkkkk

Sans tittered at his naive past self. Oh, how he had hoped that his "friend" would listen to him.
"Heh."

He had tried to help everyone.
He knew that they would kill him. Despite that, he walked right to them, with a plan that would benefit all.
...
He covered the replacement for his eye with a gentle hand. The faint glow he felt could never compare to its predecessor's.
...
He had been brave.
And it did not serve him well.
Guess that is why you do not do good to people.

"Guess I should have watched out."
"Heh."
"... Heh..."
"... "

I hope you enjoyed this little snippet, dear reader!
If there is an idea your creative mind would like to see written by me, do let me know in the comments! Thank you for reading!