Let us adore you (3)

Thank you, @GhamzehPmd!

The chilly wind of the night whispered a soothing tranquility, carrying the salty fresh smell of the beach. Star-kissed waves embraced the  shore line. The sound of them grazed the ear, like a soft lullaby sung by the ocean.
Nightmare dipped his foot into the water, which spread its sky glow around it. He rested at the precarious spot where the sea could only brush against his feet. Swapdream's coat was spread beneath him, as Dreamswap's was wrapped around him for warmth. His son rested on his lap, admiring the beauty of the bioluminescent beauty.
"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Do you like this place?"
"Oh sweetheart, I absolutely adore it."
"Did you know that I picked it?" He cheered.
"Oh? You did? Without Daddies' help?"
"Yes! I thought baby sis would also like it! Does she, mommy?"
Nightmare rubbed his belly at the question.
8 months had passed. A few more weeks until the grand day. Mother's Day after that would probably be all the more lively, a little different than today.
"You can ask her when she's here, sweetie." Nightmare smiled at him.

"It's only a month to go after all, darling." Swapdream said, as he swooped up their son and   held him in the air. The child giggled, stretching his hands to touch his father's face. "We'd have another precious little thing to look after."
"No wonder time ticks by so fast." Dreamswap said, putting his hand around Nightmare's shoulder. "My love, do you recall the first time we visited this place?"
Nightmare looked at his son, before his eyes trailed off along with the distant sea.
"Of course," He sighed, "That was our first proper date."
Swapdream snickered. "Don't put it like that, Darling."
"It was indeed after a long time that I stepped out of the castle then." Nightmare continued. "How delighted I was to be able to explore the outside-"
"What's mommy talking about?"
"How we met, darling."
"Ooh. How did you meet?"
"My beloved," Dreamswap said, patting his son's head. "You shall know once you are older."

The peace fell apart as a mayhem of police cars gathered at the roadside. A woman's shrill voice formed incoherent statements, which, quite surely, weren't friendly.
Nightmare sighed.
Here we go again.
He tugged onto Dreamswap's wrist, as he felt their auras being tainted with rage, and whispered,
"Don't be too messy. Our son almost saw you last time. Tell the same to Swapdream, OK?"
Dreamswap nodded, "Do not fret, my love."

The child looked at the crowd; a little scared, a little curious. Nightmare held his tiny hand and opened a portal, "Come on, sweetie. Your fathers have work to do."
"Is it with the people being naughty again?"
"Yes, sweetie. But it'd be over soon. Don't worry."
He covered the child's ears and eyes with his tentacles, drowning out the last shrieks of the poor souls behind them, as he stepped through the portal.

__________________

The child rested against Nightmare's belly on the comfortable couch. He had his favourite picture book in his hand, and continued reading to his unborn sister and mother.
Nightmare's thoughts wandered around his lovers.
How much time would they take?
Just then, another portal opened into the bedroom, and the two positive entities stepped in.
Their son immediate jumped off the couch and hugged both his fathers.

Nightmare's observant glare ran along them.
No bloodstains.
No injuries.
Nothing suggesting the massacre back there truly happened.
Good.

"Did you give mommy the thing you made, darling?" Swapdream asked their child.
He made an adorable embarrassed face, before rushing into his room.
"So... How many?" Nightmare asked the two.
"50. Could've been more if Dreamswap didn't interrupt."
"Well, our love specifically requested us to not create a mess."

Dreamswap wrapped his hands around Nighmare from behind, breathing in his delicious smell. Swapdream sat beside him. He had a white packet in his hand. Their child came running in,
"Mommy, look!"
It was a piece of paper with a bunch of stick figures drawn on it. The one in midnight green was supposedly Nightmare, and the little figure hugging him was supposedly their child. The card read,
"Happy Mother's Day, Mum!"
"I love you a latte!"
Nightmare snickered at the pun.
"Aww. Thank you, sweetie. This is very cute."
"Also-" The child chirped, snatching the packet from Swapdream and handing it to Nightmare. "This was my idea too!"
Nightmare opened the packet to find a cyan reversible octopus plush, with an angry face sewn on it.
"He said it reminded him of you." Swapdream snickered.
"And you know, my love, how difficult it is to deny him." Dreamswap added.
Nightmare could only smile at the gifts.
"How thoughtful of you."

The child jumped onto Nightmare's lap, shooing Swapdream away. He put his hands around Nightmare, embracing him in a little hug.
"When baby sis is here, we'll have even more fun!"
"We would," Swapdream assured. "Dreamswap and I were considering other spots for a vacation."
"We've taken into consideration your preference for seas and mountains. There are a lot of them. We shall cut down the list once our angel is finally among us, my love."
"Of course."

The excitement of a new arrival...
A month to go...
A month to go.
__________________________

Sharp cries of a new life filled the alert ears in the room. Something miraculous had just happened.

Nightmare, exhausted from the hours spent, cradled the little girl in his hand. Both the fathers embraced Nightmare with joy overflowing as tears through their eyes.
"You did so well, darling." Swapdream whispered into Nightmare's ear, rubbing the back of his head.
Dreamswap took the baby girl from Nightmare's hand, and rocked her against his chest, "She's as beautiful as you, love. I- I can not express how much I adore this..." Tears continued to fall from his eyes.

"Thank you for making this possible, Nightmare..."