Chapter 2: Starbucks 😩

Y/n hummed to herself very quietly as she worked the cash register in Starbucks. It was 10am on a Thursday and the place was surprisingly empty. She zoned out for a few seconds and was then interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. 

"Hi! I'll have a venti white mocha, extra shot, no whip, and a pump of raspberry please." said a pale boy with bright blue hair. 

yes its HIM i love him okay 

She snapped back into reality and blinked a few times. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that", she shook her head. 

"It's okay, I know it's a lot of words." he smiled slightly. 

The boy repeated himself, and she was able to correctly label the cup, all she needed was his name. 

"Name?"

"Austin, but spelled wrong." he joked.

"Austin? I got you." she scribbled his name quickly and showed him. 

His eyes glanced over it as a smile grew on his face. The name "AWSTEN" was written in all capital letters. 

"Wow! You actually spelled it right! Good job, people usually just spell it "Austen" when they try to spell it wrong." 

   She smiled, shrugged, and sent the cup over to her coworker, Stevie. 

Awsten paid and decided that he'd make some conversation since the Starbucks was practically empty. 

"So, how long have you worked here? I come here often and I've never seen you." he tilted his head up and looked down at her.

"Uhh about 4 years now. You probably never see me because I usually work the closing shift." she said as she washed some dishes. 

Awsten nodded. 

"You like it here?"

"Yeah, I'd say so. I've been working here since I was 17. I only work part-time though." she said coming back to the cash register.

"Oh so you're 21?" he grinned. 

"Mhm. Too old for you though." she rolled her eyes.

Awsten gasped and dramatically placed his hand on his chest, resisting a smile. 

"How old do you think I am!?"

"Uhh like, 17 or 18? Are you not a highschooler?" Y/n raised an eyebrow. 

Awsten's eyes widened and he sighed. 

"Y/n, I'm twenty-four." he said, tilting his head downwards and looking up at her, a smile across his face. 

"No way you're older than me! That's insane. You don't even look old, dude."

"Oh so I'm the old one now?"

"Yes, you're practically prehistoric."

Awsten rolled his eyes. He eventually got his drink, and the two exchanged numbers. Y/n's shift ended and she drove back home, listening to a band called "Waterparks", Awsten told her to listen to them. She liked some of their songs, but they weren't really her style. 

Y/n went inside her apartment and started packing for VidCon. Her flight was scheduled for tomorrow at 10am. It was a 3 hour flight so she'd get there at 12pm. She packed 3 outfits for the 3 days she'd spend away from home. She also packed her pajamas and then a bathing suit just in case. 

As she tucked herself into bed and stared at her ceiling, she evaluated her feelings.

"Wow. My first VidCon as a featured creator is tomorrow. I wonder how many people will notice me. I wonder if any big youtubers know who I am." she thought to herself. 

Despite her excitement for the next day, she managed to doze off to sleep.