The Chambers

Luke's POV:-
Mia was in a dream like state. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on in her head.

"Mia, Mia, Mia," I started to shake her. She snapped back to reality.

I squeezed her hand gently and looked at her. A tear fell down her cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I instantly felt the sparks.

"Hey it's ok. You're ok I'm here. Don't cry." I said softly.

She looked up at me with an embarrassed face " I'm not crying am I?"

"Yes it's ok though." I hugged her tightly. "Come on we have to do this, I'll be right here with you the whole time. Well until we have to part." I said jokingly but caring of course.

I gently tugged her along and she quietly followed. When we got to the chambers she tensed up. We slowly walked closer towards the tubes.

There were people walking inside them, there eyes rolling back into their heads. I heard Mia wince. I squeezed her hand. I know how much she hates this bit, personally it always freaked me out to. The dull, clear, grey tubes stood tall in a row, acting as a barrier and inside them the walls kept coming in until you have one breath left in you then they let you go. We're the only ones that have to do, the civilian. It doesn't take a Guinness to figure that out. They're always enjoying luxuries, the leaders unlike us they have real food! They brought a small amount of animals and let them wander around the castle till they slaughter them. It was disgusting I went there with school last summer.

We joined onto the line of serious business men and chirpy school children.

Soon enough it was my turn. I walked up to the looming tube and stepped inside. I felt my eyes roll back and the suction of the air reaching inside me and pulling out the air that wasn't needed, that was poison. By the end of it I couldn't breath and after about 2-3 minutes the other side of the tube opened and I fell out.

Mia stepped inside and turned around to look at me. I locked my eyes onto her gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. I could see the fear hiding beneath the surface.

She soon stepped out of the tube and straight into my arms.

"See it wasn't so bad was it?" I asked.

She smiled. "You say that everyday."

"It made you smile so I have accomplished my mission as a best friend." I dramatically fist bumped the air.

"Come on you idiot, we're going to miss the mono."

I looked at my watch and it said 8:27am.

"Shit let's go."

We quickly raced towards the mono. I could see it in my sights. People were filing into it. We raced towards the doors and jumped on board at the last second. The doors closed and we were off.

"Let's find a seat, shall we?" I said in my best prince voice.

We walked towards the back of the carriage an found a seat.

"Beast before beauty." Mia giggled flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"You know you really hurt my feelings Mia." I said my voice laced with mock hurt. I sat down and Mia sat next to me.

I looked out the window, we had emerged out of the the stations small tube and into a massive cylinder that held 14 tracks of speeding public transport. At the top of the tube there was a huge ventilation fan that exerted our carbon dioxide out of the air and into the place were we use to live. We can not afford to run out of oxygen. We must filtrate the air outside that involves a lot of carbon crab that apparently kills us. Into oxygen so we can stay alive. That's right i listen in science! ☺️