Chapter 7

Link and Nightshade rushed across the snowy plains, enjoying the wind that rushes by as Nightshade gallops cross the snow-covered tundra. To Nightshade, spending time with his master Link was the most precious thing to him. He rarely does spend time with his master due to his duties. He can't help but worry about him when he goes on his long trips outside the snowy region because every time he returns, he comes back injured. He tries to go with him but can't be due to his speed. He knows Link wants to be with him too. That's why Link spends every minute with him whenever he could. So, Nightshade does whatever he can to put on a smile his master's face.

If one were to see Link right now, they would see a rare in a blue moon smile on his face. Not a fake but a true one. When Nightshade and himself go for a ride, they are one. To Link, Nightshade was family and so was Lu. Link was afraid to get close to others. In fact, if Night shade wasn't so pushy. He would be lone besides Lu but that causes he, to be even more grateful for the gift that was Nightshade. He lost his family once due to circumstances and, he once had a new family, as well as friends. But circumstances happened again, and he had no choice but to leave them before stuff happened again.

When he saw Revali and Umbrosa earlier, his very core shook. He did everything he could to leave them in the past but as people say, the past always catches up to you. Even at his happiest moments right now, he can't help but worry. If his friends and family find him, what is stopping his enemies from finding him or even, worst case scenario, target his family. He can't take the risk, no matter how much he wanted to. His fate was his alone to bear and he was determined to bear it alone, no matter what.

................................................................. 

"So, Umbrosa. Please tell me why we are hunting that guy down." Revali asked.

"Revali. If I am right about who he is, we will get a new powerful ally for this upcoming war." She said with a soft look in her eyes.

"Why? Who do you think he is?" He asked with curiosity, "Is he someone powerful?"

"To me, he is. I'd say he even on par or even better than you Revali and this is a fact." She said with glee. After all, she finally found a clue to his whereabouts. This person was a slippery one. Whenever, she had a simple clue to his whereabouts, he would be gone, and all clues vanished into thin air as if they didn't exist at all. It was frustrating. Very, very frustrating. Oh, when she finds him, he will be punished, punished hard. She laughed evilly at the thought, shaking up Revali's feathers.

After calming down, Revali looked at Umbrosa, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. After a moment, he couldn't help but ask and brag, "What do you mean by that? I am the best archer in all of Hyrule and you know it. If anyone is to even come close to my skills, there is only one that I will acknowledge."

"Oh. Who is that?" Umbrosa asked in curiosity. She knew Revali was very proud when he was talking about archery. I mean, who can blame him. He worked hard for his skills but to be honest, his attitude could improve quite a bit. She can't help but wonder who got his praise because its rare, as rare as Link's smile.

Upon hearing Umbrosa's question, Revali's glaze grew dim when thinking about the past before speaking. "It's a childhood friend of mine. We were flying back to the village when we were attacked by the yiga. I don't know why but the yiga swordman was fixated on my friend. We fought to protect ourselves and managed to get away. We managed to fly to the outside reaches of the village but the yiga swordman caught up. He stayed behind so that I could worn the village. When I came back, nothing but flames and embers were left. There was no sign of him at all. I knew that the yiga swordman didn't get him because I saw his embers."

Revali sighed softly and glance at Umbrosa who was in deep thought before she asked, " Why are you comfortable telling me this. I can tell that you keep this story close your heart. So why?"

"You want to know why?" He asked in suprise, "You are there for the others, so I am hoping you can help me. I been looking for my friend for years. It is my reason for joining the champions. I want to build conections and use them to find him. I know that due to being the chief of the Gerudo City, you have the conections that I need. You are the only one who knows about this."

Umbrosa looked at Revali deeply, "I will help. What is his name?"

"His name is Phe.

Author's Note: Hello everyone. I know that updates are few and far between. I have been in fact working on writing another story beside this one. Please support and read the story if you are interested. I like having comments about my work that will not only help make the story better but also lets me be aware of your feelings about how it is going so far. So, please don't be afraid to comment. In fact, I encourage it. As for the other story I am working on. It is a harry potter and eragon crossover. Here's the details.

Cover is not mine. I don't own Harry Potter and Eragon. All rights go to their respected authors. Story plot is mine. Harry Potter knew his life would come with many ups and downs. Fate just like to throw him for a loop, especially during the school years. So, imagine his shock when he finds himself transported to another world while trying to save his godfather. Lost, confused, and stranded on a land with unknown threats, can harry survive to make it back to his own world or will his heart be torn between two worlds. One that has his friend's and the people who need him or one where love blooms between two. What is in store for the young wizard who knows. Fate just works in strange ways. Read to find out and enjoy.