Chapter 7:Sixth Sense or Gut Feeling?

"Everyone,let's welcome our new classmate,"the homeroom teacher said,glancing at me.I shot up from my seat and bowed.

  "N-Nice to meet you,"I stammered,before hurriedly sitting down.

  "Perhaps you would like to say a few words about yourself,Tsubasa."The teacher's eyes twinkled as if he was teasing me.I shifted uncomfortably in my seat before I stood up again.

  "I...I like to read,"I blurted out."That-That's all."

  The teacher,or Suzuki sensei,smirked as he studied me from head to toe."You must be very scared to speak in front of an audience,Tsubasa.Your hands are shaking."

  I clutched my fists and hid them behind my back,giving him a fake smile."Must be your imagination."

  "Would you mind,"Suzuki sensei said as if I hadn't speak at all,"if you share your secret of being an elite student to all of us here?"I could hear the students whispering things like,"Elite student?" or "Why would an elite student come to our school?"

  "My secret's no secret,"I cleared my throat loudly."I just study what I'm supposed to study.That's all."Just like how a typical study nerd would answer.

  Suzuki sensei's face turned a little red,before he gestured me to sit.The classroom got noisy after that;it was only when he slammed the table with a Maths textbook did they shut up.

  "Flip open to page 133,"he said."We shall focus on question 6.Tsubasa,"he said,startling me,"We will need your expertise on this."Since I hadn't got a textbook,the student sitting behind me lended me hers.I flipped to the page the teacher was talking about,and found myself answering."The answer is 9x."

  His face turned so red I thought it might explode.Grabbing the textbook out of my hands,he searched for evidence that would indicate I cheated.There must be none,because he slammed the book on my table and turned his back at me,continuing the lesson as if I hadn't answer at all.

~~~

The school bell rang,and the exhausted students were suddenly energetic.They stuffed everything into their bags as they chatted among themselves.

  I turned to find Tsuna's seat,and stood up to make my way to him.There were two boys at his table by the time I had squeezed through the group of students.One of them had grey hair(I wondered for a second if he was old) while the other had jet black hair.

  The grey-haired guy was glaring at the black-haired boy,who was smiling at him.I glanced at the both of them,wondering how the guy could smile at the other boy's piercing glare.Tsuna was waving his hands at the fierce-looking guy,telling him to calm down.

  "But Judaime--"

  "Ah,Sakura,"Tsuna's worried look was replaced by a smile once he noticed me."This is Gokudera-kun and Yamamoto."He waved at the grey guy to the other,who was smiling the whole time."This is Sakura,as you know from the introduction earlier on..."

  "Err,Tsuna-san,I need to talk to you about the thing--"

  "What?Who do you think you are?"The guy called Gokudera growled,making me jump.Tsuna looked at me apologetically as he tried to calm him down.

  "Gokudera-kun..."He sighed,and turned to me."Sure."

  "Alone."I glanced at Gokudera and Yamamoto.

  "What?You stupid woman--"

  "Chill,chill,Gokudera."Yamamoto finally spoke.He was smiling as if we were a comedy trio.