Chapter 19: Fong

I was chasing that guy in purple clothing before I even realised.
  "Wait up! Why the hell are you running!? Why am I chasing you too!?" I hissed loudly. I didn't stop though, but continued as I brushed past annoyed passers-by. A few times I slowed to catch my breath, and as soon as I recovered I tried to catch up to that guy again.
  "S...Sto...S...S...Stop...Please...I...I...Can...Can't...An..Any...More..." I was ready to give up when the guy stopped. He turned to the panting me and waited patiently as I noticed that we were no longer near the market--we were in front of a shrine.
  "You could outrun me if you pushed your limits." A muffled voice spoke from beneath the high turtle-neck (or something, I don't even know what it's called). The voice sounded like gentle and calm, and somehow I pictured his voice like a breeze.
  "N...No...one is able...to...outrun...you..." I huffed, desperately catching my breath. The guy chuckled before removing his sunglasses and coat at once. I gasped aloud as I backed away.
  "M-Mini Hibari!?" I clutched my teeth, not wanting to comment on how cute he looked. I would probably be in the hospital if I was caught thinking or saying that.
  "My name is Fong." He sighed, shaking his head.
  "H...Hibari?" I asked again, uncertain if I heard him wrong.
  "Fong," he replied, and suddenly I realised that he looked small. Really small. Almost as small as Reborn.
  I caught myself staring rudely, and blushed when Fong chuckled. "So...you're a friend of Reborn-sama?"
  Fong sighed as he moved. I watched him as if hypnotised and gulped when he saw me staring again. "You could say that...Reborn had asked me to do something for me."
  I wanted to ask him when he disappeared without a trace. I thought he went home or something, and was about to leave when I felt something menacing heading towards my direction.
  "Uwah!" I managed to duck in time before Fong kicked me. For a small baby, he could move fast--almost as fast as the wind. Shocked, I backed away clumsily and ended up falling down. As Fong sighed again, I quickly took a glimpse at my surroundings. Maybe if I could hide in the shrine...No, I doubt so. Nothing could help me but trees and a worn-looking shrine.
  Standing up just in time as he aimed a kick once again, I stumbled to a tree. "Wait...why are you doing this?"
  "Reborn wants me to get rid of you." The words coming out of his mouth sounded like it was no big deal, but I knew the severity of them. Reborn wanted me death? That was impossible--since he was the one who saved me from Hibari.
  "It can't be!" I was interrupted as he kicked again, before turning mid-air to punch me. I jumped back, but was still hit. Rubbing my face, I winced from the pain and yelled, "Hey! Guys can't hit girls! And you didn't even touch me! How the hell did you--" I was cut off as I rolled away from Fong's attack. I knew then if I somehow didn't escape from him, I might be killed by him.
  "Please focus on fighting me back instead of trying to run away." Fong had appeared in front of me within seconds, startling me. "Even if you tried to run, I'll still be able to catch you." He postioned himself in battle again, his eyes beckoning to make the first move.
  I took a few deep breaths before doing the same. "I have one condition though." Fong's eyebrows raised questioningly, and I continued, glaring pointedly. "If I win, you'll have to tell me everything about this battle and that envelope." Seeing Fong's look of agreement, I sucked in a breath and then striked at him as hard as I could.