Driftmark (1)

Rhaella stood with her family at the funeral of Laena Velaryon. She didn't personally know the Velaryon woman, but she was said to be kind, beautiful and smart. She had died by the flames of her own dragon, Vhagar after complications with the birth of her third child. She left behind her husband, Daemon Targaryen and her two daughters, Baela and Rhaena.

Ser Veamond was giving a speech before they had let Laena join with the sea, "We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood."

Rhaella watched as his gaze turned to Rhaenyra, Jacaerys and Lucerys, "Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin."

She watched as everyone looked at her half-sister's family. She glared at all of them while Daemon's chuckle finally drew everyone's attention away from them. Rhaella looked at Lucerys and gave him a comforting smile, Bastard or not he was to be her husband and she was always fond of him.

"My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return."

Everyone watched on solemnly as Lady Laena of House Velaryon joined the sea, with all the other fallen Velaryon's.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rhaella stood with Lucerys while they overlooked the sea. Rhaella didn't want to stand with her family, she wanted to be their for Lucerys after word spread that Harwin Strong had passed by fire in Harrenhal. She held his hand tightly, comforting him the best she knew how.

She heard her oldest brother call out to one of the serving girls, "Wench! Another!"

She shook her head with a sigh, "Aegon..."

"Both my seat and High Tide will be yours one day, Lucerys. In extension, you, Princess Rhaella." He looked back at Lucerys, "Your brother will be King, of course. He'll sit on endless councils and ceremonies, but Lord of the Tides rules the sea."

Lucerys voice was small when he spoke, "Sorry. I don't want it."

Corlys bend down to Lucerys' height, "It's your birthright, lad."

"If I'm the Lord of Driftmark, it means everyone's dead," he let go of Rhaella's hand and rushed away.

"Luke!" she called after him but he didn't stop. She looked back at Corlys with a sad smile, "I'm sorry about your daughter, My Lord. And don't worry about Lucerys, he'll come around."

"Thank you, Princess," he nodded at her which she returned before rushing off the way Lucerys went.

Once she found him, she didn't waste anytime bring him into her arms, "When the time comes and it is still years away," she pulled away placing her hands on his cheeks so her had to look at her, "You will be a great Lord of the Tides. And I know that means theirs a chance that none of our parents are around, but you will be able to do it. I know you will. I know you don't want it, but the people who don't wish for power are the best people to have in power."