march 2023 a.n.

Hey, hi, hello. I know this story hasn't been touched in a long while and I'm here with an authors note :)

I know this story hasn't been updated in what feels like forever, and I'm very sorry about that. I know how much it sucks to start reading something that has almost twenty chapters and then have it stop out of nowhere - it's frustrating for you and me as the writer!

As you may have seen by my updating schedule - or lack thereof - I tend to get bursts of inspiration, write a bunch or maybe start a new project, then disappear for who knows how long. Even in my outdated bio on my profile, I state that I'm learning how to fix my bad habit of not finishing things. The thing about that is it's a long process that ebbs and flows. 

As I'm growing as a person, I'm growing as a writer. I actually took a creative writing college course and am currently enrolled in a fiction writing workshop (the spring 2023 semester)! 

I know there's got to be at least one or two people thinking about if this story will be continued. They're My Girls will be continued and finished if it's the last thing I do!

In previous updates, I stated that I am in the works of rewriting this story, which I am. But while doing that, I'm also trying to continue the story because honestly - when I tend to love a concept so much I want to bask in it as long as I can. But, that's not what we want. We want things to change, and events and situations to occur that alter the plot so it's actually interesting. Without a plot and character development, there really isn't an actual story to be told. And could I have recognized this until now? Hell no!

Basically, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm here and well, I'm working my butt off to finish my bachelor's degree which I have five weeks left, and I am working on They're My Girls bit by bit. I will be hopefully in a full-time job when I graduate in May, so it might be back to a slow schedule of working on TMG.

Lastly, I do want to let you know that I'm going to be eventually unpublishing the unedited chapters. Meaning, they won't be available to read. I'm doing this in hopes of making it easier for you to read what is edited and not get confused about what is and what isn't in the new version. 

Thank you for joining me along this journey, and I can't wait for you to see what happens next :3

lots of love and appreciation,

- casey xx