Curiosity

After their last meeting in France, Lupin had not been focused.

When the others were discussing what to steal next, Lupin was not really paying any attention. Not even Fujiko could get him out of it for long. Even when she flirted with him, he didn't go gaga over her, which surprised her.

In fact, he did not react to her arrival.

He spent most of the day looking out the window lost in thought.

"Lupin, you thinking about Zephyr again, huh?" Jigen asked not even looking up from his paper.

"Like you're one to talk. I've seen you with Ginny. Same with Goemon and Luna." Lupin countered.

"Touche."

They ended their conversation as Fujiko returned saying she found a new score to steal. She learned of a mansion in the woods with an owner who basically has enough money to buy the country. Just a large bag would set them for life.

Nothing else to do, Lupin decided to go for it out of boredom.

--------

It took them 3 hours but they finally found it.

But.....

The mansion in question was really a frigging large castle!

"Whoa! It looks like Castle Peles. Wonder if the owner here was a fan or something." Jigen said.

"Either way, it may be harder to find a treasury room. Palaces like this can be mazes too." Goemon said as they came up to the door, to see it had an elaborate golden knocker. It was a lion's head with the knocking part in the form of a serpant in its jaw as the snake looked limp.

"Don't see any security. It may be too easy."

As if on cue, the door creaked open.

"Whoa! Unlocked. May be easier than we thought." Lupin smiled.

"Or maybe the owner is still home." Goemon claimed looking around the foyer.

" Goemon claimed looking around the foyer