5. Two Dead, One Still Standing

(Warning: Mentions of blood, gore & severe injuries)

My ears rang and it was too late when I realised that my lover now had a large hole in his abdomen. He gave me a bittersweet smile before I watched as the light disappeared from his uncovered eye and he collapsed at me feet.

My eyes blew wide with shock.

I knelt beside him, my scream might have moved Celestia and Teyvat had I not turned my back on the 'righteous' path long ago.

Hot tears streamed down my face as I felt cold metal against my neck. I looked up at Aether, pure unbridled hatred in my eyes.

The man before me had a smug grin on his face and he scoffed as he looked into my eyes, "That monster is finally dead, how you you like to join him?" He pressed his sword closer to my neck.

That was my breaking point.

"He has a fucking name Aether!" I wrenched the sword from his grasp and threw it far away from us.

I pulled my pistol from its hollister and pointed it at the murderer before me. I had killed many, so had my lover, Dottore, but never had I seen myself or Dottore be so relentless to somebody who had just watched their lover die.

Aether's smile did not waver.

He stood before me, smiling like a lunatic.

The turns of time may not have killed him, but even the most powerful of Gods give into erosion sooner or later, and it was then that their mortality caught up to them.

My hand was trembling as I clutched my gun, it's trigger begging to be pulled so this madness could finally end.

I wish I could have restrained myself, he was not worthy of a quick death, he should have been made to pay for the lives he took.

However, my emotions were overflowing and my body was not my own as I pulled the trigger.