A Game of Spied and Seek

Go Go Gadgets

"—and that's when we decided to just blow the whole thing up"

Barbie snorted into her drink, practically blowing it out her nose at the blatantly nonchalant comment by her sister.

Stacie had come to visit and spend the weekend. Barbie was thoroughly excited that she was going to have some nice quality time with her middle youngest sister. She was always looking forward to any time she had with any of her sisters, but with Stacie now being involved in I3 meant they shared a special bond over the spy life that Skipper and Chelsea just didn't understand.

During the mission years ago with David Dunbar, Chelsea, Skipper, Stacie, and Ken had been kidnapped and practically held for blackmailing purposes while David set out to ruin Barbie's life. Thankfully, the mission was a success, despite several injuries here and there. And while Chelsea had some initial interest in joining the spy agency to be like her biggest sister, the thought had died away soon thereafter, about a couple months later. She was more interested in teaching puppies how to read, anyway...

Skipper? Forget it... anything more strenuous than adjusting her turntable or taking a photo was a bit more adventurous than she wanted to take part in.

Stacie, on the other hand, was all in...

And that was 12 years ago. Stacie had been a full-fledged member of the secret spy agency for a whopping 10 years.

"Seriously?", Barbie dryly commented, half not believing the debacle but also totally buying that Stacie wouldn't hesitate to blow something up to save the tribe. They were currently sitting by the inground pool the Carsons had set up a few months ago in their backyard.

The younger girl cackled, taking a sip of her own drink, nodding into it, "Yup! And the best part? Zoe didn't even get mad!"

Barbie gasped, dropping her mouth in shock, "You're kidding... She didn't yell at you guys? She's always angry with someone, I feel", she added with a slight humorous chuckle. Stacie laughed, as well.

"No joke! But she agreed that it was for the best. We saved the town, saved the animals, and put the bad guys behind bars", she boasted, raising her glass of tea in the air.

Barbie shook her head and sighed, loving that her sister was so engaged in the spy life, "That's always the best part. When the wrongs get righted", she took a long sip, then spoke again, "So what kind of new gadgets are Lazlo and Teresa coming up with?"

"What are gadgets?"

Barbie's eyes widened at the little sound behind her. Both she and Stacie swiveled their heads to see both blonde-haired twins calmly standing there, curiously wondering what their mom and aunt were talking about.

Mrs. Carson stammered, trying to smile her way through, "Uuuuhhh"

But Stacie was on it.

"They're tools and gears and fun things that do awesome stuff!"

Cooper gasped, excited, "Oooooh, can I have a gadget?"

"NO!"

Both Stacie, Cooper, and Charlie turned to the exclamation of negativity from Barbie, who just froze at the sudden outburst that was way too much than necessary. Laughing nervously, Barbie tucked a piece of hair behind her hair. She tried to play it off and cover it up.

"Oh, I mean... Um... No, boys. The kind of gadgets Aunt Stacie's talking about are for... Adults! Sorry, sweetie"

"Awwww", Charlie sulked, crossing his arms. He didn't look too happy, and neither did his twin. Cooper asked, "What about gadgets for kids? Can kids have some?"