Carson Family Vacation

Sooooo, I actually had this typed up for a while now!  I've been working on it here and there, finally finishing it today. This is the family vacation the Carsons promised themselves after the end of New Gen I3. They finally got to do it!

Aaaaand with this story finally being finished, NOW I can begin working on the new Spy Squad sequel! I have everything pretty much ready to go, I just have to type it up. Warning: it'll take a while! I have like 13-14 chapters planned for this next story, so it won't be completely finished overnight.

**********************

"I can't... believe... we're actually here!"

"WHOOP WHOOP!"

"FINALLY! It only took us two years to make it happen..."

The three oldest Carson kids were beside themselves with anxious excitement and wildly animated enthusiasm at the very real fact that they were finally on their Hawaiian vacation they promised themselves years ago. After the threat of Cullen Stevenson and Scott Dunbar went under – literally 'an entire Dam's worth' of 'under' – , they were actually making it happen! And as they strolled out of the airport to find their rental vehicle, Charles Jack, Cooper Noah, and Elizabeth Juliette couldn't be more ready to get this party started.

"Well, we have had a rough couple of years", Barbie Carson acknowledged, nodding to her children while allowing her own delight at being on the island to fill her soul, "Between the Parker Dam fiasco", she darkly remembered, before brightening towards the next bundle of joy, "and Lydia joining our family, it has been pretty chaotic"

"Not to mention all the wild stuff going on at work lately for both of us", Ken Carson pointed out with a shiver, walking next to his wife with suitcases in his hands, "Honestly, with how packed our schedules are, I'm really surprised we even made this happen"

Libby scoffed at the idea of a non-vacation, "Oh, if we didn't make this happen, I would have flipped..."

"But you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it"

"Tut tut, mother dear", Charlie posed regally as he strolled along with a strut, "I do believe we have shown ourselves to be quite resourceful when it comes to traveling long distances"

"Too right, brother o' mine", Cooper declared, a noble finger of agreement in the air, "All we would need is an aero-plane to traverse the wide Pacific, a few cans of Monster, and some Snickers bars. Fly for a few hours and behold! Paradise!"

Crickets...

"Uh huh, and that's the very reason we chaperone every single one of your field trips", their dad remarked with a bright yet warning tone.

"Ugh... right...", Charlie drooped, his shoulders slumping as his eyes rolled.

"Either way, we're here", Barbie stood tall with her youngest daughter on her hip, happy to move on with their next steps, "Let's find our rental, get to the resort, and start the fun!"

"Wooooooo!", Lydia cried out, "Beets! Beets! I'da go beets!"

"That's 'beach', Lyds, not 'beets'...", Cooper drawled sarcastically. Barbie and Ken simply laughed at the one-and-a-half-year-old bouncing in her mother's arms. The little one was as chatty as a babbling brook, but her enunciation and pronunciation was sorely off. As to be expected from someone who isn't two yet...

"Let's go!", Ken announced, pointing towards the vehicles.

DAY ONE: Arrival