twenty-five

Kyle's POV

The bacon sizzling in the pan, pieces of bread getting put in the toaster, eggs getting scrambled. I woke up this morning in the mood to cook breakfast for my lovely roommates. I hope they don't expect me to do this often because I won't. Footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs and into the kitchen. Turning my head slightly, I see Niki and her bed head staring at me. Her eyes were squinted and it honestly looked as if she had just crawled out of the grave.

"I'm making breakfast this morning." I say gently, not wanting her to be overstimulated by my voice and everything else that is going on. She nodded her head and didn't move. "Can you go wake up Harper and make sure she packed a bag? She's leaving for Ireland today." The blonde nodded her head again, turning around and walking back out of the kitchen. I put my focus back on the eggs and mix them with the spatula. "Alexa, play 'Dark Time.'" I say out loud while taking the bacon off the pan. Playing 'Dark Time' EP by Harper Cooper on Spotify. Witness began playing and I mumbled along to the lyrics. My roommate doesn't know this yet, but she currently has about a million active listeners at the moment. God, I feel like a proud mother.

Once the food was almost done, I took plates and mugs out of the cabinet. Placing eggs, bacon, and toast on each other the plates, two sets of footsteps come into the kitchen. I glanced back for a moment and saw both of my roommates, dressed and alive. I quickly pour coffee into each of the mugs and hang them their food and beverages. They grabbed a fork from the counter and walked back out of the kitchen, with me following them. We all sat down on the couch and allowed Harper to pick out a show to watch. That show being American Horror Story.

In my opinion, season four had to be the creepiest season so far. I hate that fucking clown that keeps showing up, but Jimmy. Jimmy is a fine piece of art, not just because he's played by Evan Peters. No. Definitely not because of that. I lost my train of thought when there was a knock on the front door, following with the door opening and closing. Will walked into the room and just stared at us.

"Do you know what time it is?" He asked us, looking inbetween the three of us. We shook our heads and placed our focus back on the show. I heard a sigh from the man in the room and watched him walk in front of television and sit next to Harper. Together, we watch a few more episodes of the show before Harper and Will stood up from their seats. "We better get going. Do you have a bag packed?"

"Yeah, it's in my room. Can you go grab it for me?" Harper asked. He nodded his head and began walking over to the stairs. "Are you guys going to miss me while I'm gone for the next two days?" She asks, looking at Niki and I. The girl next to me laughed and shook her head. I didn't say anything, but I did stand up and hug her, indicating that I will. "I'll be back. I swear I'm not going to disappear."

"Oh like that one night when we found you at a pub?" I ask jokingly. She rolls her eyes and places her focus on something behind me. Looking to see what it was, there stood a Will with her bag in his hand. "You better watch her. Don't let anything happen to her." I tell him while pointing my finger toward his direction. He saluted to me and began walking to the front door, with Harper following. "Behave!" I shout out before hearing the door close.

"He better have brought condoms." Niki said out of the blue. I quickly turn my head to face her and send her a disgusted look. She shrugged her shoulders and pick up her phone. "I'm just saying." She adds on, causing me to shake my head. I walk over and take my seat on the couch once again.

"They're not like that." I say, propping my feet on the coffee table covered in our dirty dishes. I pick up my phone as well and begin to scroll through Twitter.

"I know. I'm just joking. I think they'll have a good time." She says. I read a few tweets on my feed and exit the app, not wanting to go into a worm hole of bullshit. I put my phone back down and look over at Niki.

"I know and I think Harper will. Will... will probably laugh at everyone every time they hear a single tap on the wall." I say, causing my roommate to laugh. "Do you want to keep watching this or watch Miraculous?"

"That's a dumb question." She answered, picking up the remote to put on the cartoon. 'Chat Blanc' is the title of the next episode and the picture was of a white version of Chat Noir. We look at each other with widen eyes before she hit play. We sat on the couch and watched as the show began to play. "Do you think they're going to be okay? I mean, I know they've had this planned out, but I can't help but worry."

"They'll be fine. Harper has been talking about this trip since Sam first DM'ed her. Besides, they'll have cell service if they need to contact anyone." I reply, looking over at Niki. Her concerned expression disappeared and we focused on the cartoon playing in front of us. A woman with the rabbit miraclous grabbed Marinette and brought her to a different point of time. Everything in the city of Paris was a mixture of blue and white.

"Is that fucking Chat Noir?" Niki asked, as we watched Ladybug walk up to a person sitting on the ledge of the building. When they turned around, my eyes widened.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON?"