Chapter Twelve: Failed Attempt II

Her sneaky appearance lucked when no eyes caught sight. She glanced sideways and quickly opened the door and let herself in before anyone could see her.

Glory was inside Tyandra's flat room, her eyes complimented how beautiful and immaculate it was -- but her mouth disputed, "what a cheap girl," she pouted in disgust. "Soon I find this bloody book, the better."

She was searching for a book that she wasn't sure existed, but knowing Tyandra's mom's past obsession with Shinobia -- she hoped that she had a book or at least wrote down substantial information about Shinobia.

If the book did exist, she was sure that Tyandra had kept it -- because she wouldn't want it to fall on the wrong hands. What she feared though, was that maybe she might've burnt it. Knowing Tyandra.

Glory was a woman who loved to be clean, she looked for the book gently without turning anything upside-down, and she was patient. She saw Tyandra's bedroom door opened, "hmm." She went inside, "this must be where they took her," she muttered.

"Okay, let me think," she tapped her second finger to her chin non-stop. "Let me look under every matt for a hiding place," she said. "I mean...pff, huh. Knowing Tyandra," she shrugged. She started by unveiling the matt that was by Tyandra's bedroom's doorstep. She found nothing. Only a wooden floor. She let out a sigh and attempted to exit Tyandra's bedroom until she paused. She lifted the mattress of her bed -- and there it was. A brown book was lain under a mattress. "Oh, lovely." She reached for it, "this must be it." She took it and threw it softly on the floor and quickly let go of the mattress. She took the book and sat down on Tyandra's bed. She sighed before turning the pages.

The book was only about Shinobia. Glory though, she wasn't interested on reading the entire book. She only wanted a small part of it with important information. She stopped somewhere around the book on the part: Shinobia's weaknesses. She skimmed and skimmed until she saw a part about how to be free from Shinobia.

She learned that in order to be free from Shinobia, one would have to draw a star sign on Shinobia's forehead. What was written next to that information was very riveting. Not only does one get free, but they acquire every power they've been sharing with the demon. Glory was going to be independent. Only if she arrived at that part, she quickly closed the book before arriving to that juicy part. She put it back where she found it and left.

At night, an invisible figure was in Glory's cabin. She was carrying a lamp, it was turning it upside-down searching for something. Its footsteps were loud, it sounded like it was heading to Glory's bedroom. It opened the door impatiently, removed piled up clothes on top of a drawer, and there it was. The protection bracelet that Glory told Source to leave in her cabin.

The invisible figure held up the protection bracelet and giggled in relief that it had found it. It made itself visible-- it was the former queen-- Sono Mathonsi. She kissed the bracelet and fondled it until she screamed and flinched in pain. She felt herself burning on the insides. The bracelet dropped near the bottom of Glory's bed, and she disappeared, leaving it there for Glory to see -- to see that someone who obviously would have had to be powerful enough to enter her cabin without being invited in by her, had intruded her cabin.