Chapter 1: 10th October

It was 10th October, 2017. I was walking into my college centre noticing all the Halloween decorations, I got into class and noticed an assignment on the board.

"Due on Thursday 30th October: Write a paragraph on your favourite Halloween story!"

I hated English, but this time it seemed interesting, I decided to do the project with my sister. She is only 16 but an amazing writer, full of ideas and creativity.
A tall guy approached me, his name was Kaiden Myres, his actual name was Micheal but isn't that a bit freaky? I mean come on! The legend of Micheal Myres? He got loads of weird looks.

"So uh, Mason, you going to that Halloween party on the 31st?" Kaidens voice softened as he asked his question, it was so dreamy.

I replied in a hurry of course "yeah I am, but I'm doing this project first, just need more ideas."

I walked to lunch, seeing the cute Halloween cupcakes, there was one that caught my eye. It was a horse with a guy riding with no head. I asked the lady and she told me it was the Headless Horseman, he was the main attraction in his years.
I sat down by a table staring at the cupcake, I took my laptop out and started writing ideas. This could be the topic of my own story.

I started researching everything I could, however, his backstory was corrupted and was deleted from any site. I knew without a backstory, it won't be complete. After lunch I went to the library to see if I could find anything historic.

I found a few things but it wasn't enough, I walked home still searching for answers and soon enough found one. There was a lady called June Louise, she had some ideas on this headless horseman.

I got ready for bed and decided to text her, tomorrow would be the day I got more information...

•The end of Chapter 1•