Chapter 8

"Ziggy." I whispered from a few cars away, beckoning him over with the wave of a ginger. "Nice goal." I beamed at him, brushing a few strands of rain soaked hair behind my shoulder.

"It was for you." He said, which melted my heart like an ice cream cone at the beach. 

"That was for me?"

"I told you, they're all for you." He took a brief pause, flipping his wet hair and licking his lips. I was starting to shake as he moved closer to me, subconsciously leaning in towards him like a magnet. "I told you I could do better than Bio Lab."

He touched his lips to mine and I saw sparks. My body was experiencing every sensation all at once, my nerves were on fire. Trevor pulled away to gauge my reaction, and my eyes were glowing as I stared into his

"Do that again." I said hoarsely, wanting to live in that kiss for the rest of my life. He wrapped his arms around my waist. This kiss was hungry, like he had waited his entire life for this moment. i reciprocated the feeling, wanting to have done this for as long as I've known him. The rain was picking up as he pulled me as close to him as possible, savoring every last second I could get with him. After what could've been an eternity, we split apart, knowing the bus would leave without Trevor and Elena could only stall for our absences for so long.

"That was definitely better than Bio Lab." I said breathlessly.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"You better."

"Caroline. Caroline. Carolineeee. CARE!" Elena's voice brought me back from my daze and back onto planet Earth.

"Hmm?" I hummed, rolling over on my bed to face her. 

"Come back from fucking Trevor land. I am thrilled that you guys are making strides. Jealous, but thrilled." She said sincerely. "Can you help me?"

"With what?" I asked, having no idea what she was doing for however long I was replaying me and Trevor's kiss. 

"Which bathing suits should I bring for lake weekend? How long were you gone?" Elena huffed, holding up an array of colorful bikinis for the upcoming weekend at Nan's cabin. Jack had extended the invitation to go up to his grandma's lake cabin for the last warm weekend of the year, and we were all looking forward to it.

"These ones." I said, shifting over to the edge of the bed to grab three bathing suits.

"Thank you." She said, finally satisfied as she shoved the bikinis in her bag. "So, I'm guessing you're excited?"

"Of course I'm excited. Why do you have to guess that?" I said confusedly, scooping up Georgia into my lap.

"It's a weekend of young love. The lake. Nan's house. Magical stuff happens at the lake house, probably. Just not in front of Nan, that would be a horrible idea." She laughed, zipping up her bag as she finally finished packing. 

"I don't know what's gonna happen. Like Johnny's gonna be there, and obviously that puts a little bit of a dent in our magical plans, if he even has any." 

"It's Trevor, and you're you. He has magical plans. I'm sure of it." Elena replied. The sound of approaching footsteps made our conversation cease as Johnny bounded into the room.

"Are you guys ready to go?" He said out of breath, leaning against the doorframe as he tried to even out his breathing.

"Aren't you supposed to be like, one of the most elite high school athletes in the country?" I joked at his exhausted state.