Messaging him (13)

it had been a couple of days since oikawa had talked to iwazuimi. the boy wouldn't answer any of his messages or his dms and oikawa was starting to worry that something bad had happened. he did the only thing he could think of doing. he rang him. the phone ringed and ringed three times, even went to voicemail before there was an answer.

"hello?"

the voice was groggy and oikawa felt his knees go weak at the sound of it. he breathed and that seemed to make iwazuimi more aware and awake.

"oikawa? what did you call me for?"

his voice sounded tired and strained. oikawa stood entranced before realizing the boy had addressed him and shook out of it.

"oh um sorry. i just wanted to check on you... we haven't talked in a couple of days."

there was a shallow breath on the other end before iwazuimi spoke up again,

"oh, i've just been super busy lately."

oikawa nodded and then rolled his eyes when he realized iwazuimi couldn't see him and that it was a lost attempt.

"it would have been nice to let me know we weren't gonna talk for a while."

"what're we boyfriends now? do i need to tell you that ?"

oikawa was silent. what was he supposed to say? of course they're not boyfriends. he wouldn't even be allowed to date a boy with his father around. there was a soft sigh on the other side of the phone.

"sorry, im just tired."

"god, you sound hotter than you look"

iwazuimi snickered, deciding to mess with the boy a little bit for his own fun.

"well maybe you should experience both at the same time?"

oikawa froze, his body heating up. what?

"huh?"

there was silence before iwazuimi burst into laughter. he laughed uncontrollably before finally catching his breath.

"wow. was the all-mighty oikawa bested in flirting? by me? never expected it."

oikawa scowled.

"shut up. it's all your fault. you're a walking god."

"uh huh. am i now?"

"im not gonna say it again."

"sure. is that all you wanted?"

"yeah. yeah. you can go back to sleep."

"alright, bye kawa."

"bye iwa."

the call ended and oikawa collapsed against his bed. he could now die in peace.