Chapter 5 • The Fox and The Tiger

The fox and the tiger, always at odds with each other. Sworn to both be bitter at each other's doubtful and self-inflicted wounds, marks and grazes of the wars from the past which conflicted months of endless fighting.

The fox and the tiger, Canine and Feline.

The myths and legends stated once that when a tiger met a fox, their hatred for their past grew beyond the whole that contained both the essences of life and death itself.

The Gods wished for it to end, but to the tragedy of all within the gates of [REDACTED].

In the midst of the frozen lakes of the Ancient Kingdom of Glacia, frozen within the depths of the caverns of the legendary Ice Age per-dating mountainous cavern grew a powerful and bitter enemy.

The colossal freezing, the remnants of the hatred that two ancient tribes once fueled by their endless war and turmoil of anger.

Legend has it, it took a form of a white wolf with an icy glare and bitter tongue of tone. It froze its victims and absorbed the life and hatred from their minds and souls until they were a husk and mindless embodiment of their former selves.

"There was a land that was lost to ice and sea,
It's destined fate met at last.
But who should the core see, will unlock the needless path of moonlight weep.

To see the truth of lightless sea, to meet the darkness of sea and heat."

(Foreshadowing 👀)

When the crowd roared the horns blared loudly as both Asians charged at one another, Japan swung his katana at the approaching opponent his footing gracefully glided across the battlefield.

South Korea was dumbfounded for a few moments before flinging himself out of the blade's way, his bandages ripped like wildfire as the katana grazed the bloodied bandages courtesy of his brutal training during his younger years.

The Korean swiftly dodged the next attack, his sandals clashed with the sandy ground as he took the shot as he drop-kicked the samurai off the ground.

Japan looked surprised but ready to counter as he flipped himself backwards and landing in a swift handstand stance, the Japanese man spun his body and swept the other man off his feet.

The two's fists and blades clashed with each other as the bystanders primarily America and someone on South Korea's side adorning the flag of North Korea looking very worried and unamused.

Philippines was writing something on her notepad as the two battlers fought in sword combat, there stances highly complimented each other but too bad. America thought bluntly as they were on opposing sides.

Suddenly, piercing pink-red mist shrouded the battlefield, America and Philippines could slightly make out one of the two fighters voice's saying— "So~? You finally decided to use your ability!" Mockingly.

America had to cover his mouth and nose with his left hand, Philippines put up a protective barrier-globe thing around her as she too coughed a bit from the mist.

For all he knew Japan would not let this insult ruin his dignity so he knew his friend would fight back no matter what, then, he heard more from within the mist.

"You being the disciple of a tree is so boring isn't it? Let's see you hold off against this!" The same voice shouted before a loud bang erupted from within, 3 white strings appeared dimly inside the smog/mist one was strum and immediately Philippines covered her ears in a flash.