PROLOGUE

I used to ask people what they thought the scariest thing in the world was as a little girl. Most said something like death or something silly like clowns or spiders. I only asked my family and my classmates in elementary, so I got more unserious answers.

I don't think anyone will ever know what the scariest thing is, and to me, that's scary as it is. Nobody might ever be able to compare all our fears equally, so it's just left in the air. Maybe it's something we've never heard of before, something that's beyond human understanding. Maybe it's something we will never notice. I don't know, I sound like a goddamn psycho.

My name is Dorothy Miller. I've had this journal for God knows how long now. I used to write paragraphs about random stuff, the alphabets of foreign languages, you know. I've lost it all though. I erased it. I've written my experiences here so I don't lose it.

I didn't think I would ever show it to anyone, but I want people to know what has happened here. At Joey Drew Studios after it closed. I want people to be aware.

If you're reading this, please get this out. I don't care if you believe me, I just want people to know. It's the least you could do. Don't worry about ending it all, I'm going to do that. I'm going to end it. I'm going to stop him.