CHAPTER 1

SEPTEMBER 12, 1952

It was a bright day. At least I felt like that when I woke up. The sun's light was creeping through the cracks of the blinds on my windows and shining straight onto my eyes, so it was probably that.

I sat up after a bit, put on my glasses and looked over at the nightstand sitting next to my bed. A stack of papers lie next to the lamp.

Then I remembered, I found them folded and stuffed in an envelope sitting in front of a sewer, completely soaked, but the ink wasn't stained or smudged and it was all still completely readable. It interested me, so I brought it home the previous night. I was always the kind of person that was interested by everything. I never stopped asking questions.

I picked up the paper on top and adjusted my glasses. At the moment, none of it really made sense. It was probably because I just woke up and my eyes were still kind of blurry and my brain wasn't really working well, the sentences just kind of seemed like lines then. I read it all later that day though. A few hours later, in the early evening.

A note.
For me.
From one of my very old friends.
Daniel Lewek, whose been dead for years now, is writing to me.
My old dead friend had left an envelope of notes for me years after his death.

It was so confusing at that time. And shocking. But it also peaked my interest. Again, it had been years since he died. And specifically, he was killed. He was killed in the studio where we used to work, Joey Drew Studios. He was killed by some sort of demon, a monster that was created there. I didn't understand completely, and when Daniel died, I guess it was just too much for me to handle at that time and I wanted to forget it all. I wasn't usually the type to try to ignore that kind of stuff, but I could forgive myself. I had lost my best friend. These letters had brought back all these memories. It scared me.

In it, I was asked to find him. To stop somebody. A "He" I was warned about. I know this couldn't have been written by anyone else. It sounded crazy, but who else would know all this? That scared me further.

I was told my friend was trapped in our old workplace and needed me to find him and fix it all. I didn't quite understand, but obviously, I had decided that I would try to search for Daniel. Buddy, he used to be called.

That evening, I packed up all I needed and headed to Joey Drew Studios. As I'm writing this, I'm right now standing in front of the doors. It's surprising that it's still here, but that's besides the point.

Don't worry, Buddy. I'm going to find you. I'm going to put a stop to this. I'm going to save you. It'll all be ok soon, I love you. I'm happy to see you soon.