Act 1 - Part 8 - The Dark Knight Hero and the Moonlight Marauder

Lilia had pushed all thoughts of Kaeya out of her mind by drowning herself in work. Besides, after being locked up in the Knights of Favonius prison, she had quite a bit of catching up to do. Her Fatui subordinates didn't question her sudden disappearance as it was common for Harbingers to keep their own agenda private, and most of them were already well-aware of their assignments in Mondstadt.

Outside of Fatui affairs, Lilia kept herself busy by maintaining her act as the Moonlight Marauder. So what if Kaeya already discovered her identity behind the mask; the only people who knew that she was the one behind the mask were Kaeya, Eula, Landon, and probably by now, Jean. She was extra wary of these four individuals, and as long as she kept her guard up, she would not fall victim to their scheming. She hadn't revealed the full truth of the last three years to them, and she had no intention to do so.

She had been so overwhelmed since her identity was compromised, and that led her to fail to see for the longest time that another individual was involved in the plan that led to Kaeya discovering her identity; that individual was none other than Mondstadt's Dark Knight hero.

She had spent far too long criticizing her carelessness for underestimating Kaeya's cunning actions that the fact that the Dark Knight Hero had been a part of Kaeya's plan had slipped from her mind. It was the Dark Knight Hero who had given Lilia a letter that requested she take care of the Abyss Order creatures in the location where Kaeya and Eula had ambushed her. Lilia didn't deny the fact that it could be a coincidence, but she knew that the Dark Knight Hero was most likely involved with her downfall. If he truly was a part of the plan, then Lilia knew she must somehow uncover his identity.

She was clever; she knew that since she was young, but unlike the majority of the Harbingers, she didn't think that she was very crafty. Coming up with intricate plans that would lead to the downfall of others was not her forte; she was recognized by the Tsaritsa for her ability to clean up the messes of others, something that was very important because the Fatui as a whole seemed to have a knack for getting the rest of Teyvat to hate them. Despite her shortcomings with coming up with plans, she managed to come up with her own plan to discover the identity of the Dark Knight Hero.

It was far too simple. The other Harbingers would scoff at it, but none of them were here in Mondstadt to judge her, at least not yet. She would simply watch him from afar and then follow him until he went to his home or hideout. She would wait for him to come out undisguised, and thus she would discover the identity of the vigilante in a more clandestine manner than the trickery that was used by Kaeya to discover her own identity.

Lilia always found it far too easy to navigate Mondstadt by rooftop. In Liyue, she would never be able to successfully maintain her acts of vigilantism, but here in Mondstadt, streets were nowhere near as well-lit, and the city nestled in the heart of Cider Lake always had a subtle breeze that made wind gliding seem effortless.

She perched high up in a windmill and watched the Dark Knight Hero take care of his nightly patrol. She didn't know whether it was fortunate that tonight was a quiet night because there seemed to be no threats in the city or if she should be displeased that she couldn't carefully observe the Dark Knight Hero in action.

A lot could be revealed about a person based on the way that they fight, and she was guilty of not paying closer attention to his fighting style in the past. She knew without a doubt that if she had used a sword, her normal weapon of choice, instead of a bow, any Mondstadt citizen who knew a thing or two about Favonian bladework would be able to recognize that she fought in the same style as all of the illustrious Knights of the Gunnhildr clan.