Chapter 3

Thursday, June 6th, 4.15 pm
Forest

"So, what did I miss?" Detective Kim was already beginning used to Jungkook's boyish grin and he didn't like it one bit.

"Where were you all this time since this morning, Jeon?" He asked sternly.

"Aw, boss, you missed me." Jungkook cooed. "I saw you talking to the Chief Inspector and I thought to myself, this is a guy I should avoid. So I went out for lunch. Did you find anything while I was gone?"

"No, but-"

"See, that's what I'm talking about" Jungkook grinned again. "You can't do anything without my help."

"We were just fine without you, don't get ahead of yourself. We know she died at about 11.50 Wednesday night and that she was strangled from behind." Jeon Soyeon, the medical surgeon assistant, seemed to appear out of nowhere. "If you see her nails there are some broken, as well as her hair, and everything is messed up. That probably means she fought back but the killer was by far stronger."

Jungkook frowned looking at the victim's light blue, silicon nails. "Hey, I saw that too. We'd make a pretty good team." He said while winking at the surgeon's assistant. She rolled her eyes and walked away with her clipboard in hand.

"Whatever," The younger huffed. "I'm too good for her anyways."

Kim, who had been silently observing had something nasty to say regarding that last statement. And he did in the end but Jungkook was busy so he paid him no mind. The younger officer had just realized that his phone was no longer in his pocket and was searching for it all around, when in fact he had left it earlier in the car to charge.

"Where did I put it? I swear I took it with m- Oh, there it is." He said while squatting to pick up a phone from the ground. That of course wasn't his phone but the victim's that nobody had found as it had fallen far from the body.

"Jeon, don't touch that, it's evidence," Kim yelled in distance.

Jungkook, suddenly realizing that his fingerprints were all over the machine, panicked once again. He couldn't think straight enough to give the phone to Kim or put it in an evidence bag so he did the next best thing. He threw it to the ground, crashing its screen in two.

"What did you do?" Kim buried his head in his hands. "Why did you have to be assigned in this case with me? You of all people."

For the first time, Jungkook actually looked sorry about something. It only lasted for a second though "At least I found some important evidence. Even if it's broken in half. Brad can still hack into it to find her contacts, right?"

"Let's hope he can."