My Star (KluenDao)

It's October again. Daonuea thinks. It's the month he anticipates the most. And why is that? In his high school, there are various events and activities for students which are held in October. One of them is Daonuea's favorite, the JD AstroCamp Observatory Services' annual stargazing activity. During this activity, they set up the school's open field with a three-foot tall platform which resembles a roof to give that "watching stars on my roof" feel. They also put up humongous telescopes where they can view actual stars and planets from miles away from where they stand.

Daonuea likes heavenly bodies, obviously, particularly the stars, and he thinks he's one. Well, he could be because he outshines anyone out there with his dashing looks, bubbly smiles and amazing personality. No doubt, he's one of the most popular students among them.

"Welcome, students! As a part of Sky High's science month, we're here once again to accommodate your annual stargazing activity. Tonight, we will see the stars and the planets which are situated from miles away. Also, tonight's the perfect time because we will witness a meteor shower. Are you all excited?"

The announcer continues to delegate all of the necessary reminders and protocols, as well as the instructions for viewing. The students are assigned by pairs randomly, regardless of their year level and sections, by the student council officers so they can't do anything much about it.

"Kanaruj Wongthampanich and Daonuea Wattana-wattanachot. Please fall in line."

Daonuea gasps internally. Kanaruj Wongthampanich? He thinks. Khabkluen, the top student among their batch. Khabkluen, the talented guy among the student body. Khabkluen, the quiet guy from the other class that all of the students would die for. Khabkluen, the person whom he thinks of as his universe that he can go home to (because Dao is a star). Khabkluen, the only one Daonuea likes.

As the two students approach each other, Daonuea can't deny the fact that he's nervous. It's freaking Khabkluen, how can I keep calm? He shouts to himself internally. This is one of those few moments that he's been near Khabkluen. The first time was when Daonuea was tasked to award Khabkluen his certificate for winning in their annual quiz bee. Daonuea almost lost his grip before he could even hand it to Khabkluen but fortunately, Khabkluen was already holding the certificate so the damage had been prevented. After that encounter, Daonuea swore to himself to gather himself together whenever he came close to Khabkluen.

"Hey." Khabkluen greets him.

Daonuea swears to the universe that he almost tripped when Khabkluen spoke. Believe it or not, Daonuea tries his best not to cause any embarrassing scenes throughout the night.

"O-oh, hi. Khabkluen, right?" Daonuea asks. He mentally smacks himself for asking. Of course, everyone knows who the person beside him was. How can he even ask that nonsense thing?

Khabkluen scratches his nape, "Oh, you know me?"

Daonuea nods, "Of course, everybody knows you."

"Right," Khabkluen smiles, "You're Daonuea, right?"

Daonuea gasps, "How do you know me?"

Khabkluen chuckles, "Like what you said to me, everybody knows you as well."

Before Daonuea can even react, they are called to fall in line properly.

The students per line are assigned to view specific planets according to their time of visibility in the sky. Since the platform can only accommodate four people at a time and since there are only two available huge telescopes at the moment, two pairs will come up for viewing.

"Sutthaya and Pattawee will view Uranus at 18:04. Kanaruj and Daonuea will view Mars at 20:36."

Since there's still a few minutes left for their viewing assignment, the announcers have given them tasks to do, which will be a part of their science requirement. The students groan in complaint but they still have to do it anyway.