Chapter 11

Niall's P. O. V.

We were all showing emotions of shock and sadness mixed into one. Harry was the only one who didn't know what was going on. Looks like we'll have to explain to both of them. But if we explain, we'll break Anna's heart. I don't want to break her heart. Her heart is delicate, yet the kindest thing in the world. She has a heart for everything she's around.

Sadly, we will have to tell her, one way or another.

Harry spoke up. "Aren't you guys excited? It's Anna's end-of-the-year dance. It's like prom but for middle schoolers and their parents are going to be there,"

"Harry, we can't go," Louis said, using a soft tone.

"What? Why? We don't have any plans." Poor, innocent Harold.

"We were just told, after you left, that we have a meeting to go to at the same time of the dance and it will most likely last until late that night. It's an important meeting for our fifth album." I faced Anna. "Baby girl, I would really love to go. I want to have a father-daughter dance with you, but this meeting is in the way,"

Anna's five-second facial reaction broke my heart into a million more pieces. She covered it up with an "I completely understand" look. It felt like someone took my heart and crushed it right in front of me.

We went over to Anna and put our arms around her. We all mumbled a "Sorry", knowing that she really wanted us to come to this dance. She looked so excited when she was telling us about it.

When we parted the hug, one tear left Anna's eye, but she quickly wiped it away. "It's okay. You are all busy. I understand. I'm sorry for acting like this was a big deal. Again,"

"This is a big deal. We want to go. Yes, our meeting is in the way, but we will make it up to you," Liam said.

"How about I get Eleanor to be your guardian at the dance? She can help you and Amber get ready. I'm sure she would love to hang out with you two," Louis asked.

"I'm going to Amber's house to get ready," she said quietly.

"Then she can follow you? I was just suggesting, sweetheart,"

"I didn't mean for it to sound rude, I'm sorry--"

"It's fine," Louis ruffled her hair. Anna smiled, making the rest of us smile. She has the kind of smile that could make others smile right back.

"She can follow me, I guess. I haven't met her yet," Anna said.

"You can meet her tomorrow after school. I'll bring her over. She'll love you!" Louis gave her another hug.

I smiled at the two. You could definitely tell that they were best friends, if not uncle and niece.

Anna's P. O. V.

I was a little upset that they couldn't come. Actually, I was more disappointed than I showed. Ever since I was young, I dreamed about having one of those father-daughter dances. I loved the thought of dancing around with my father, because a father's love is one of the best types of love.

But I shouldn't be selfish. I know these boys are very busy 24/7, even if they are on a break. I can't always be their top priority. I'm thirteen and can take care of myself sometimes. The thing is that I want a father to dance with during the father-daughter dance. I'm going to be alone during that time.

The boys and I talked in the kitchen for a few minutes until I announced that I had to study. Zayn followed me, offering to help.

"So what do you have to study for, love?"