Chapter 21

Anna's P. O. V.

     I woke up feeling a whole lot better than I was the past few days. I think I still had a fever, but I felt much better than I was before.

     I got up and looked around. The sun shone through my curtains. I opened them a little and saw that today was a nice day. There were many clouds in the sky, but none of them were covering the sun. I quickly took a picture with my phone. It was so pretty.

     I walked downstairs to find no one awake. I checked the time: 7 a.m. Woah. I'm up early. The other girls wouldn't be up for another couple hours.

     Since I was feeling good today, I decided to take a walk. They wouldn't be up until later, so I should be fine. I grabbed a jacket and put on my combat boots. I was already wearing leggings and an oversized shirt. I had my phone with me just in case.

     I left the house, with a house key in hand, and locked the door behind me. The air was cool this morning. Maybe I should've brought a scarf...no that would be embarrassing. It's summer and wearing a scarf during this season would be weird. I started walking down the street, finding my walk unexpectedly extend. I found myself walking over to the cemetery. This place wasn't too far from my neighborhood. This would be the first time I ever came around here alone.

     I found my parents' graves and sat down. I smiled. "Hey, Mom and Dad,"

     I waited for a while, even though I knew I wouldn't get an answer I could hear.

     "My life is surprisingly going okay. I moved in with One Direction a few weeks ago and it's been going great. I love them a lot. But my love for Sophia hasn't died. She's still like my mom and she's been hanging with Liam. They are so cute together! I can't wait until they start to actually date."

     I paused to think about how cute they were.

     "I made a new friend named Amber. And remember Jason? He moved to another country with his family. School is out; I'm happy about that. And, um, I met Eleanor, Louis' girlfriend, and Little Mix! You know, that girl band I love. I think I told you two about them before."

     I continued to look at my parents' graves. I thought back to the time I was first told how my parents died.

*Flashback*

     I recently turned twelve when Sophia decided I could be told how my parents had passed. I was never told before because I acted like such an innocent child when I was young. No one wanted to break my "precious heart". I could've handled it, but no one budged to tell me. The story was passed over to Sophia so that she could tell me when she thought the time was right.

     Sophia sat me down with her in the living room. "It's a short story on how your mom died. She had a disease when she was pregnant with you. She had a choice to whether to save herself, or save you. Being the nice person your mother was, she saved you,"

     I nodded, allowing her to continue.

     "Your father died saving someone from his work. This took place after your mother died. Your father worked at a gas station, believe it or not. Some careless customer left a cigarette near the pumps and somehow the place caught fire and it quickly spread. Your father was out of the station with everyone else, but there was one person stuck under the already broken debris. The fire was quickly breaking everything in the area, and the fire trucks were running late. Your father ran into the debris and helped the guy out. The place exploded, and your father covered the guy to protect him. The guy had some major injuries that could be fixed, but your father didn't make it."