chapter 11

★・。'CHAPTER ELEVEN
Letters

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

cyno and i both entered the dark cave.

after walking for a while, we could see a light.

a warm, orange light.

"interesting," cyno thought out loud, "a camp. this is where candace found oshin's belongings."

there was a small, green tent and a stash of food such as sunsettias, carrots, and even water.

a small torch with an almost extinguished flame was the only light source that kept the cave alight.

"y/n." cyno called. in response, i turned towards him. he pointed to a wall of the cave.

there were some numbers carved into the cave wall.

"what do you think it means, y/n?" he contemplated, carefully observing the number sequence.

i silently giggled, "i see. oshin still uses that silly little language we created."

"hm? you and oshin created a language?" cyno sounded curious about the topic.

"yes, when we were younger we decided to create a secret code language out of numbers so we could communicate secretly. usually through letters." i clarified.

a smile found its way across my face as i remembered all the sweet memories me and oshin had.

"well, what does the message say?"

i stepped closer to the sequence of numbers and thought for a moment.

i was able to get a few words from the numbers.

"west. answer. destination. alone." i read aloud, "probably talking about the answer he was told about."

cyno sat down near the torch and looked at the letter, "come. let's read this letter."

he cleared his throat, "together."

i approached him and sat beside him, he handed me the letter and we both started reading.

travel record 06

alhaitham and i both figured out a plan. i set off to the west while alhaitham gathered information for me.

current information:
y/n set off in the desert with a companion called cyno, alhaitham appeared to recognise cyno, meanwhile i know nothing of him.

update: israe told me some things about cyno. he's apparently has the aura of another god.

i glanced at cyno.

"what's he doing with alhaitham? why is oshin listening to israe and why does it say you..." i paused for a moment, "have the aura of a god?"

cyno looked back at me.

the few seconds of eye contact felt longer than it actually was.