Hesitation

Once Adam pulled me from the glass-filled back seat of the car, my nerves started rising. I knew that the copycat archer my father had claimed saved us was real. One thing I was sure of was that "archer" didn't save us that night.

"What the hell! Who was that?" I shouted furiously.

"I don't know." He stammered rapidly, suddenly going quiet. Then turning away and murmuring " . . .  shit." under his breath almost inaudibly.

"Look, do what you have to do, I'm leaving. ." I sneered, turning to trot off towards my bike.
"I was never here!" I shouted while twisting to run backwards to face him.

"Are you gonna, tell . . him," Adam uttered after me with uncertainty.

"He knows everything, Adam." I hissed. "Whether we like it or not." I yelled after turning to run forwards.

After arriving at my bike I yanked my helmet over my head and immediately dialed Jake over my earpiece. As the earpiece was violently ringing in my head while I waited for Jake to pick up I slung my body over the bike, and brought it to life and flew out of the parking garage as quickly as I could.

"Hey, what's up?" Jake answered.

"We have a problem!" I stammered quickly while weaving in and out of traffic.

"What? I thought you were just going to talk to Adam Hunt?"

"My dad showed up!"

"Wait, that's it. You were just talking to Adam this time, right?"

"Jake! Not the time, but my dad wasn't there as my dad! He was there as the vigilante!"

"What? No stop, don't play with me Y/N." Jake shouted into the phone.

"I'm dead serious it's my dad."

"So what are you gonna do? Are you going to tell Malcolm?" Jake interrogated me.

"No! I'm not telling him yet! That means you can't tell him either! Got it?"

"What are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know yet. I think I'm just gonna wing it." I sighed desperately.

"Good luck." Jake huffed sarcastically while hanging up.

When I arrived at Merlyn Global I made my way up to our offices, meticulously planning what I was going to say in my head. I got lost in my cognizance, only snapped out of it by the dinging of the elevator letting me know that I've reached my desired floor. I swiftly walked out and mindlessly made my way to Malcolm's office. I took one last deep breath and broke through the mindless haze. I walked into the office and sat down elegantly on the leather chairs placed stoutly in front of his desk. After a few short moments of silence it was finally broken.

"So how did it go?" Malcolm interrogated.

"Not as expected." I spat out mildly annoyed.

"How's that?"

"Well first it was going smoothly, then it all went south. I was talking to Adam. I told him to watch Laurel and not to hurt her. Then I convinced him to pay me to take care of it or he wouldn't be seeing our "friend" I would come for him directly. . . Then the vigilante attacked us."

"Wait, the vigilante attacked you?"

"Well I happened to be there, he was attacking Adam." I stated sassaly.

"What did he wan't?"

"He told Adam to transfer 40 million dollars into a Starling City bank account by 10 pm tomorrow night, and if he didn't the vigilante would take it."