so if you wanna piss off your parents

CW: anxiety attack, stitches mention, crying

bruce sits there in his moms car as they drive home after the accident, and all he can think about is vance's words. is the act up? it hurt thinking about it. it shouldn't, though.

he continues to try to excuse his feelings for vance as they get into the house and he opens his photos, finding multiple pictures of vance and him kissing and cuddling and doing all the stupid coupley stuff they did.

'its over' his phone reads, and he doesn't know what to do.

-
vance on the other hand, isn't thinking about bruce at all.

he ended it and was now focused on his mother.

his mother was getting stitches behind the curtain that separated him and her because he was getting glass pieces out of his knees. he took the pain without an anesthetic, forcing himself to endure the pain to punish himself for ever letting in someone who he got so fucking attached to.

"ow!" his mother whimpers from through the curtain and he furrows his eyebrows more then they are already, if that's even possible.

"don't hurt her!" he says loudly, grabbing the curtain and moving it to see his mom sliding her shawl on.

"mom?" he asks, and she just laughs.
"i stubbed my toe, amore."
"oh."
-
a crying bruce does his best to drink water as he hyperventilates, holding his pillow without a pillow case on it, his tears staining the fabric. he breathes loudly, and he feels like the walls are caving in on him and a bright light blinds him and arms wrap around him.

"shh, baby." his mother says as he rocks him, back and forth and back and forth. "can you feel me? can you feel my arms?" she asks softly, kissing his forehead in every spot she can, trying to calm him down. 'vance kissed me there,' he thinks, 'and there and there and there.'

he got too attached, he liked the other boy way too much and it's backlashing on him.

hours like this go by, until finally his mother gets up to go bring food home for him. "i'll be right back," she says softly, and stands up and leaves.

bruce rolls over and is met with a large whiff of vance and the feelings of heat in his stomach just comes back and he wants to die.
-
vance sits in his room, tears forming in his eyes as he squeezes his pen, ink pressing out of the tip. it drips down onto his page of lyrics, and he yells in response to it.

tearing the sheet of now inked paper off, he grumbles as he flips to a new page.

'17, crazy' he writes, slamming his head down onto his hand. he scratches it out.

bruce flashes in his mind, sweat across his forehead, jumping up and down over and over. the happiness spread across his face and his singing that matched the tone of the song perfectly.

vance's eyes water more, as he scoffs and wipes the tears out of his eyes.

'18, crazy. pulled up in your daddy's car.' the pen writes, his hand flying across the page as he thinks about what went on between the two these past months.
~
the blond now sits at the edge of his seat in his basement, drumming and writing down beats and chords for his friends to this new song he had just made.

he hummed loudly, starting over multiple times as more anger just filled his body, slamming his sticks onto the drums before throwing them across the room. he caused this, he didn't mean for it to happen and he certainly didn't mean to fall for his fake boyfriend.

he hated this, he hated himself and he hated bruce. he didn't hate bruce. but in this moment he really fucking did.
-

was bruce supposed to move on from this at the speed his mother was suggesting? she kept saying he'd get over it but he never did. it frustrated him, that his mother was trying to get him to move on quickly so that he could pick up someone new. he ignores his mother, seeing a text from finn.

 he ignores his mother, seeing a text from finn

his mother continues on the topic, though. he can hear her pressing the topic through his headphones that are blaring head over heels. "honey, come on. there's so many reasons why you shouldn't be acting like this."

"no, mom!" he argued, his moms face flashing disappointment.

"honey. there's so many options for you! its been three days!"

"me and vance were together for 4 months! its not just gonna disappear, those feelings aren't gonna leave!" he cries, grabbing his bag and his airpod case as he storms out of the house. he didn't have clothes or anything, he wasn't moving out, he just needed a few hours to be alone with finn, finn always understood the stress of this stuff. he'd see his mom soon, maybe a few days.

-

vance sits with his mom, her laying down in her bed with him cuddled in her arms. they had always done this, ever since he was little. he didn't need to speak to tell her he needed to be coddled, or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, because vance would NEVER call it that.

lia consoles him as he just lets the tears flow, making no noise and not making any movements. "shh, il mio bambino. it will be okay."

"i snapped at him. i broke it off through our texts mom, how do i apologize?" he mumbles out.

"sing to him, he always enjoyed your singing. he told me what he thought about you when you were asleep a few times." she grins, petting his hair slowly as her reading glasses slowly fall off of her nose.

"what else did he say?"

"he said that he enjoys the way you laugh. and the way your accent sounds, but you have no accent?" she says confused, with a slight laugh afterward. "he likes how nice you are to me and la nostra famiglia. he enjoys your eyes."

before vance knows it, he's on his phone sending bruce a concert invite for tomorrow.

-

(love u guys :) angst is so fun right???)
(the next chapter is ready btw 😉)