Chapter 13- Dear Billy

It didn't take long for Nancy and Robin to arrive at the school, and by that time, Max had woken up from her trance

Now the group were all standing behind the girl, her shining her flashlight at a wall, where she saw a grandfather clock.

"It was here. Right here." Max nodded, gesturing to the wall, eyes glazing over with tears.

Nancy pursed her lips. "A grandfather clock?"

The red-head nodded, a tear falling down her face. "It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

Dustin frowned slightly. "It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

Stiles flinched when the boy said that, although it was only noticeable to Nancy, who gently grabbed the girls hand, squeezing it lightly in reassurance.

The Mayfield girl then turned around to face them. "That's not even the bad part."

The group shared a look, before they all walked back into Ms. Kelly's office, all standing around the desk.

Max took a breath, before speaking, clearing her throat. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelly for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." The girl explained, making Stiles clench her jaw, breathing shakily, trying to keep her emotions in.

Robin nodded. "Vecna's curse."

The Mayfield girl swallowed thickly. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." She paused slightly, tears forming as she waved a hand. "And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..." She breathed shakily. "...looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

The others all shared a look, before a loud thump was heard, making everyone look over, seeing Stiles open and close her fist, wincing slightly, the girl having just punched a wall, blood starting to appear on her knuckles.

Steve pursed his lips, sharing a worried look with Nancy, before moving towards the girl, reaching a hand out. "Stiles-"

The younger girl hit his hand away as he went to touch her, looking down slightly, shaking her head, trying to keep her tears back. "Please don't."

Nancy walked forward, gesturing for Steve to move away, to which he did, before she gently pulled the younger girl into her, making her tense, taking a breath. "It's okay. Just relax. We'll figure it out, I promise. But... we also have you to worry about."

Stiles shook her head, bringing a hand up to wipe a tear that had fallen. "I- I don't care about me, right now. I'm fine."

The Wheeler girl shook her head. "You're not, Stiles. You've been having the same symptoms. I know you have."