Replace Him

Velvet was sitting at a table in a cafe, waiting for his boyfriend to walk through the door. He looked at his phone, 6:15, the time on his phone read. His boyfriend was 15 minutes late. He sighed, thinking maybe his boyfriend was just late.

The waiter went to him over and over, asking if he was ready to order, but he always said he was still deciding, hoping that his boyfriend was be there soon. Yet, he never came. Velvet was already upset, and knowing that his boyfriend never came anyway, it just made him feel worse.

Velvet ordered a regular hot chocolate, drinking it slowly, tears threatening to leave his eyes. He trusted his boyfriend so much, and yet Velvet got stood up. He got ditched, stood up for. He hates everything in that very moment. He didn't understand why his boyfriend didn't show up.

Was it that Velvet wasn't enough? Was it that he just wasn't interested? Was it just Velvet being used for something? Velvet wondered that as well. Isn't that what people do when this happens?

Velvet sighed, sipping his hot chocolate. He then saw someone walk up to his table, sitting down on the other side in front of him. He had glasses, brown hair with the front part dyed a slight pink, and was in a suit with a blue poke-a-dot tie.

"Hey, I'm sorry about your boyfriend or girlfriend. Whoever left you here and didn't show up is a bitch.", the boy said. He was cute, honestly the cutest person Velvet has ever seen. Velvet shrugged. "I don't think", Velvet started, "that he was ever gonna show up anyway." The boy with glasses frowned. "I'm Anthony, or Ant. Whichever one you want to call me!", Anthony said.

Velvet smiled, "I'm Velvet, or Red." Anthony smiled, ordering a drink for himself. They talked a bit more getting to know each other.

"So, how old are you?", Velvet asked. "I'm 23, and you?", Anthony replied, thanking the waiter who brought his pumpkin spice drink. "I'm 22!", Velvet said, laughing a bit at Anthony's sudden reaction to the strong taste of pumpkin spice.

They soon finished their drinks, having the waiter bring their receipt. "Don't worry about the receipt, I'll pay for you.", Anthony said, smiling slightly at the boy in a hoodie with frosting on it. They both looked at each other, blushing at each other's faces.

Velvet quickly looked away, embarrassed. He heard Anthony laugh a bit before hearing, "Come on, let's go." Velvet looked back to see Anthony reaching his hand to Velvet, Velvet grabbing it and Anthony leading him outside.

"So, uhm...", Anthony said. "You know, I thank you so much. It was a pleasure meeting you.", Velvet said, a little quiver at the end of his sentence. Anthony looked at Velvet, Velvet shaking from being cold.

"Hey hey, here, take my jacket.", Anthony said, putting the jacket on Velvet. "You're too sweet Anthony.", Velvet laughed.

"I really enjoyed this, do you maybe want to..go out with me?", Velvet asking, anxiety being overwhelming. Anthony looked at him, blush covering his face. "Yeah..I would really like that.", Anthony smiled.

They looked at each other, soon getting close, cuddling each other.